• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dungeons And Dragons.

DLC

Soul Drummer.
I used to love dungeons And Dragons. However, I know what you are thinking, but I started getting made fun of for doing so, so i stopped.:( i just want to know anything you do or know about D&D. I got made fun of SOOO much for playing i stopped. I know, but i felt soo bad. I used to play 2nd and 4th edition. My Hengeyokai samurai Kisuke ended up getting killed 7 times. Sorry!:)

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
D&D is great! I’m sorry you got made fun of for playing it, that’s awful. I understand it can be hard to continue doing something when being made fun of. Despite that, there are plenty of people out there who think D&D and similar games are awesome, and who will not tease you for playing it. ^^

I play first edition with my family, and fourth with both friends and family. I like to play as either a Half-elf Ranger or a Half-elf Druid. And the longbow being one of my favorite weapons ever, I prefer to be an Archer Ranger when I play as a Ranger.

The best thing about D&D is that it’s a good way to exercise your imagination, and it’s tons of fun, even when things go horribly, hilariously, wrong. Many fond memories are forged when I play D&D. I love how you can also modify a bit to allow for other adventures if you feel like it. You can make your own modules, and even propose unique character classes, races and monsters. Flexibility makes it very versatile, which is my favorite thing about it. (The key, as with any game, is keeping it balanced when do you make changes.)

Have you tried joining a local group or club for D&D? People there probably wouldn’t make fun of you for playing it since they would all be playing it too. There are also some online D&D games which you could play, and there are even single player computer games based of D&D rules.

Hopefully someday you can play D&D again, if you still want to. And if anyone ever teases you for anything, just warn them that you're wearing a +20 Shirt of Smiting. ;)

Last edited:

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
Yeah. actually, im DLC's brother, so we played alot. My favorite character was my Hengeyokai(can turn into animals at will, mine was a white fox :D ) Kensai(master of 1 or 2 arts of fighting mine were the art of the sword and The foot. ... "the foot? :S,) who used Two Katana and foot blades.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I really like DnD. It's a very fun game, lots of memorable moments have been forged even through my short experience of the game. I remember my first kill, I was a Halfling Rogue named Aiken with a Crossbow and I shot a bugbear in the eye and killed it. With a critical hit. On my very first attack during my very first turn. And of course, as a memento of my kill, I took its good eye after the battle was done and over with.

Like Charge, I can't find any nerds in real life to play with, but on another forum I go to (where we mostly play Mafia), there's DnD games and those are a blast. XD They obviously take longer than real life DnD games, but they're still really fun. In fact, my very first DnD game is still going on, we're currently exploring a cave occupied by bugbears while researching a wirard[/lolinsidejoke].

I hope you find some cool nerds to play DnD with again, DLC. It's a very fun game and just because somebody makes fun of you for it, that doesn't mean you should stop.

DLC

Soul Drummer.
I found my bladeling Demigod character who killed KAS VECNA ORCUS LOLTH and TIAMAT BAPHOMET GRAZZ'ZT DISPATER AND ASMODEUS. no joke. he is freaking powerful.With a demigod Dragonborn and A good undead sorcerer. yeah. I had strange friends when i Used to play.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Well, I played D&D since 1.0 all the way to 4.0 was released. I gave it a fair chance and I believe it's safe to say that 4.0 is for n00bs. That being said, my group switched over to Pathfinder since that game is based on 3.5 but still being supported and updated.

However, with my new job I am unable to play any longer. :(
Well, I started Zelda Dungeoning here based on D&D, and it's going well so far. Any of you who want to try it go ahead and clicky the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom