• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dungeons and Dragons RP SU

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Thanks for offering help, LD. I'll almost definitley end up using you.
Anyways, since we have some new people, I was thinking that we start at first level (that's the fancy D&D term for level one, new people). Gold will depend on your class, like in normal D&D. If worse comes to worse, I can do all the rolling myself (such a pain, but I'll do it if I have to).
Also, adding backstory to the sign-up sheet.

By the way, I'm also looking for an Assistant DM now. I just realized that it'll be nice to have someone else knowing what's going on, so I don't have to be on to post almost every other post. If you're a veteran player (DMing experience not necessary) and want to help, PM me.

Last edited:

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
It's awesome that we have the Wizard and the Rogue filled out. We need to figure out as a group how to fill out the rest of the party though.

I will be the cleric.

Last edited:

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Name: Elric Moonflame

Race: Elf. I prefer 4th Edition Eladrin. In the words of Wil Wheaton: "The Elves are the Eladrin's hillbilly cousins." But if you're sticking with 3.5, I'm fine being an Elf.

Class: Wizard (Mage)

Deity: Correllon

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Backstory: This all depends on our campaign setting. If we're creating one from scratch, I'll change my backstory some. If we're doing Forgotten Realms (the most popular), then (very briefly): Elric Moonflame was born in the Icewind Dale and when he was very young, his family migrated to various places along the Sword Coast until a job offer for his father saw the family make a journey to Waterdeep. Growing up working class in Waterdeep, Elric saw a lot of injustice and corruption, both of which resulted in his father's death by betrayal. Determined to destroy illegitimate authority wherever it may lie, Elric studied magic and became very skilled at it. His life's goal is to help those who need it and make life hard for those that step on others to achieve their ends. He's starting to grow a reputation in Waterdeep and places like Daggerford akin to Robin Hood. At the moment, he has several bounties on his head, primarily from the Lords of Waterdeep, for messing with their schemes.

Character Sheet: Yeah, I'm lazy. Make one for me :P

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I guess I may as well introduce what you guys need to know for the story thus far:
You start in a tavern.
(Yeah, major spoilers and plot twist there.)
To be specific, it's called The Dragon's Tail. It's the home base for a rebellion, led by psionic Charles Marko. The country is under rule by the army, led by General Zahir. You are a party of new recruits, ready to do battle. Any questions?
So... not Forgotten Realms.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I guess I may as well introduce what you guys need to know for the story thus far:
You start in a tavern.
(Yeah, major spoilers and plot twist there.)
To be specific, it's called The Dragon's Tail. It's the home base for a rebellion, led by psionic Charles Marko. The country is under rule by the army, led by General Zahir. You are a party of new recruits, ready to do battle. Any questions?
So... not Forgotten Realms.

If you're going to use your own campaign setting we should know some basics about it. Have a map? Some general history? List of major races? Also, why are we gathered together at the tavern?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
If you're going to use your own campaign setting we should know some basics about it. Have a map? Some general history? List of major races? Also, why are we gathered together at the tavern?

Should've done this in the first place anyways.

I don't have a map of the starting area, but that will be revealed in time.
Major races? The kingdom is mostly human and gnome. It's bordered by a dwarven kingdom to the north, another human kingdom to the east, a forest run by elves to the south, and the sea to the east. The kingdom you're in now is at war with the dwarfs.
You can decide your personal reasons for being there, but most people will probably be there because of the rebellion. Either they've already signed on or intend to. Maybe there are a few travelers who found their way there and decided to join up. Who knows? That parts really for you to decide.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Name: Viintaas

Race: vishkanya

Class: rogue level 5 (if that's k)

Deity: Desna

Alignment: chaotic good

Background: She's a traveller, but is also a thief. She goes where there is interest, usually hiding her face and skin so her race remains unknown. She loves hearing gossip, since that's how she learns what's going on, and whether it will be worth stealing from the town or not. She is in the tavern for those reasons, since taverns are a good source of rumors and gossip.

Appearance: she has black hair and golden serpentine eyes. Her skin is more golden than the normal green of her race and scaly. She's about 5'7" and 20 years old, 90 pounds. She wears a short top that stops just below her torso and wears a long skirt slit up the side to her upper thigh, so nothing shows. The color is bark brown, and a forest green robe when in public with a deep cowl. She uses a rapier with ease, along with a star knife to honor her goddess. She wears short brown leather boots.

Skills: bleeding Attack and trap spotter

She has 500 gold.

Last edited:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Name: Winston Cunningham, goes by Dagger.
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Sorceror
Deity: None. He's not one fore religion, plus I wouldn't know what to choose.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Backstory: Well, let's see how I can edit his backstory... He was born to an Elf and a human, both whom were killed either for racism or because terrorists. OO, THEY'LL BE KILLED BY GNOMES AND THAT'S WHY HE JOINS THE REBELLION. Anyway, he was just a kid when they were killed, and since no one would want to take in a little half-elf who can hardly control his magic, he lived on the run, out on his own, taking care of himself... If not for the little baby he found days later. He did his best to raise the little human, her being his only companion while he tried to learn everything he could about magic and sorcery, but the sickly little girl died before she'd even reached a decade. Her death broke his heart, and he became more angry with the world than ever. He ended up using his skills with magic, as well as his natural agility, to become a hitman. A few years of this led him to the rebellion, and once he'd heard they were going up against gnomes, he immediately signed up.
Character Sheet: Uhm... Not sure about this.
Starting level... What exactly can I get away with here? I'm not sure what number he should be, but he's pretty good with most types of physical combat, has very powerful magic but difficulty controlling heavy spells, and is not great with people. Though he doies have this one spell he's really good at that I like to call 'charmspeaking', where he can make his voice so charming and irrisistible that it hypnotizes people and makes them do what he says.
Gold, not too much, maybe about a hundred if that's not too unreasonable.
Anything else, just ask me specifically and I can tell you. Dagger's usually good at the whole 'surviving' thing, but if you do want everyone to be really underpowered I can totally tone him down. ...Though not to the point of incompetence, he's been training for a long time after all.

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
First of all, I added it to the OP, but all characters will be starting at first level, no matter what their skill level (sorry, DL). It's just to make the balancing of the adventure better. Plus, it's easier for the newer players.

DL7: Looks pretty good, but I have questions about the character sheet: did you go through the actual one, or are you just making that? Because, once again something to add to the OP (lots of fun things to do there, eh?), we're using the actual character sheet. If you know how and want to, go ahead and do it. Or, if you don't know how or are just too lazy to do it *glares at Batman* then mention it there and I'll do it for you. If you do do it, then I'll probably ask for a few things from it. But everything outside of that looks acceptance-worthy.
Tatl: The rebellion is not fighting the dwarfs. They're fighting a (mostly) human/gnome army. And don't worry about your survival... that's a skill, and you can throw points in there later, separate from your level. I'll accept that too.
While I'm at it, I'll accept Bat's character too. Just change up the backstory a little bit so that it's not based off of FR. I trust you to do that just fine.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
DL7: Looks pretty good, but I have questions about the character sheet: did you go through the actual one, or are you just making that? Because, once again something to add to the OP (lots of fun things to do there, eh?), we're using the actual character sheet. If you know how and want to, go ahead and do it. Or, if you don't know how or are just too lazy to do it *glares at Batman* then mention it there and I'll do it for you. If you do do it, then I'll probably ask for a few things from it. But everything outside of that looks acceptance-worthy.

I looked up age and weight and height for my race, if that's what you mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom