• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Dungeon Themes You Would Like To See In Zelda 3DS

O

OriginalMikau

I don't care what element the dungeon is in, I just hope it actually makes the 3D a necessary part of the gameplay, like Skyward Sword made Wii motion a necessary element to play. In TP Wii, Wii motion was used, but it wasn't necessary to actually get through the game. I could see the next 3D Zelda using 3D to see through illusions or something in a haunted castle. If executed right, that would be quite the entertaining element.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Even though I haven't got a 3DS, well yet....I do plan on getting one depending on the quality of the next Zelda game!

Anyway I would love to see a desert and a Ice theme again along with the regular themes but I would also love some new themes! A jungle theme; I always thought would be coo,l another theme I would like to be seen brought back is a Wind theme but maybe take it to the next level, like have link Climb a series of mountains while dictating wind direction to travel across the different mountains in order to reach the top. One more theme I would love to see is a Labyrinth theme were Link has to travel through a giant system of mazes, this may not be like a solid theme but I just thought I would throw the idea out there :)

Deeds

no text
I was a big fan of the Shadow Temple in OoT, so that would be really cool to see that again. If we're talking original themes, then having an electricity themed dungeon would be really awesome (like bigzora said). With electricity you can create so many different challenging puzzles and annoying transportation around the dungeon itself, that would make it hard.

Throughout the game, I'd like to see a few dungeons that are generic "Old Castles" and such. Sort of how the Forest Temple was an old, overgrown mansion of sorts, I'd really like to see more like that, where the puzzles aren't focused on specifically, and it's more of a 'get to the end' sort of dungeon. It feels artificial to me to get into a dungeon and have them focus on a single theme for enemies, puzzles, etc, when realistically, in a universe like that, i don't see that happening often.

I'd like to see them tone down the themes a bit, unless the setting of the dungeon really calls for it (If you're in Death Mountain, sure, there is going to be lava and such.)

Now, if I had to choose, I would like to see an abandoned Hyrule Castle. Sort of like when you were in the Castle Sewers at the beginning of TP, but as a human and fleshed out to include most of the rest of the Castle.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Hmm... Original dungeon themes...
Joint Ice-something dungeon. I love the idea of mixing Ice with things. Maybe Ice-Volcano. Like the volcano froze over and you had to melt layers of ice to get to the lava underneath and possibly use that to melt MORE ice.
Forest as a dungeon. Like a completely open space just filled with trees. Vines and fallen logs help the trees make seperations, but no full rooms. It's all still one space. Think about it.
Technology overgrown by nature. Like Enslaved: Journey to the West or The Last of Us. Those both look so cool. I want something like that in Zelda, just once.
Light Temple. 'Nuff said.
That's all I got for now. Watcha think?

Deeds

no text
I would like to see a space dungeon, where gravity puzzles rule.

That's quite interesting, never thought of that before. Imagine how cool they could make the dungeon look, wouldn't look much like an authentic Zelda dungeon, but could that be a good thing? Sounds cool.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
I would like to see "Inside the Monster Body/Belly" themed dungeon (like Jabu-Jabu's Belly in Ocarina of Time). I would like to see 3D adaptation of the dungeon with this element...

I want to see a dungeon that's disguised as a village. Maybe it really is a village, but like ... I don't know. It just seems like it would be fun if more dungeons were disguised as something else. Not how Twilight Princess did it with the Snowhead Manor or whatever. That was awful and pathetic. I don't really know how it would work, but I think the idea itself would be cool.

The next [3D] Zelda needs a legit cave dungeon. Not like Dodongo Cavern, as its potential was never fully reached thanks to the graphical limitations of the Nintendo 64. Ths hypothetical cave dungeon should be more coarse and jagged, as opposed to the blocky, polygonal nightmare the likes of Dodongo Cavern... and it should fit all the qualities of a real world cave: glow worms, stalactites, stalagmites, bats (Keese), et cetera. Would also be great if there were more lantern segments as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom