• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Dragons of Lythan

Who would win in a fight

• Monkey D Luffy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Naruto

• Ichiro

• Death The Kid

• Asta

• Edward Elric

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Goku

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Batman

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
a Wandering Monk walks past the temple. bottle in hand on his way to Join the crew of The Duke of Blue Tigers, conversing with Del. they seem to be laughing amongst themselves and shooting the sheisse

Bella ponders a moment
"a Lesser dragon from the Land of the Three Goddesses? would be quite the Hypothesis to follow up on. now how Long is a Sight and which Direction do we go for this First Sight? Belo?"
Belo had been so transfixed on the murals he had started to sink into the Mud up to his Knees

Pen

The game is on!
"I believe it would have to be either eastward or westward," Iki explained. "However, the distance will be tricky to figure out unless we know what the lands here looked like back when the obelisk was originally built. We would have to take buildings, vegetation, and natural slopes into account. Do you think it's even possible?"

Storm

Bella smirks " I think it's very possible. if it's Dawn I would think West would be the way to go. towards the Kor Mountain Range. only thing East of here is the Plains, Orc Tribes, and the Great Forest" Bella says as Belo sloshes himself out of the Muck and tries to shake the Mud out of his Greaves

Pen

The game is on!
"Great, so we have a direction," Iki remarks. It's unclear whether or not it's sarcasm. "But what about the distance? Do you have a way to figure out what this whole area looked like all that time ago?"

Storm

Bella thinks for a moment
"Not particularly. but i doubt Horizons change, only things in the way. We could just go West. look for stones made of the same material. Maybe the ancient ones left a Marker of some kind along the way"

Pen

The game is on!
"That's fair..." Iki said while quite deep in thought. "Yeah, let's try that!" With that said she immediately started walking westward, keeping a close eye on the ground for any marks, remains or other indications of old structures.

Storm

Bella and Belo follow intently, keeping an eye out as well. This new development was exciting for them, albeit divergent from their original plan. Perhaps at this new place they could find out how to defeat the Dragons or find something that will help in that venture, or perhaps something better. Belo was full of Mud, and longed for a stream or Lake so he could get the Mud out.

Pen

The game is on!
"Chances are we won't be able to see any traces anymore," Iki said after they had walked for a bit. "Who knows how easily missable or how visible it would- Ooh! I found something!" She crouched down to investigate her finding, and it did indeed look like the faint base of some kind of building.

"I believe this distance could be the first of the seven sights," she said as she turned to face the others. "Only six more to go! Let's continue!" Her spirit was clearly restored.

Pen

The game is on!
As Iki lead the way they had soon made it past the first six sights. As they walked toward the last one it seemed like it was taking forever. Iki was no longer in doubt about whether the stops of the sights could be traced since she had succeeded in detecting the first six without much of a problem, but the walk toward the last one was starting to seem awfully long...

Storm

Bella had been keeping track and a sight is tandemount to about 1.2 Kilometers. at about where the Last sight was supposed to be was an open Field with no recent signs of disturbances. Bella thought it was too pristine to be genuine and looked up.

Pen

The game is on!
"Could it perhaps be that the final destination is on the horizon from the last checkpoint?" Iki pondered. "If that's the case, maybe one of us needs to go back to the sixth sight, and the others can walk until that person is just out of sight. What do you guys think?"

Storm

Belo Nods and trudges back down the road to the Sixth Sight after which Belo looks back towards where the group may be, scanning the Horizon. it was getting pretty Dark.
~~~~~
Bella thinks back to the Obelisk
"Dawn...Seven Sights...Path"
Bella walks 50 yards or so off the path and hits an invisible wall

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
"At the start of every journey, one must have a strong spirit - mustn't they, Veego?"
Shay Tenalde hiked down the road, wary of the open landscape around him. It was rare for him to travel in the open like this... Not that he was on anyone's radar, though he was still wary due to the nature of his journey.
"But I wouldn't want blessings on my spirit from the temple in Leore, no sir. Not from the dragons as they are now. There was a time, you know - not a time I remember, my friend, I'm not that old - but a time centuries past when the dragons did care for us small folk. The sages who were old in my youth told those stories, and it was old before even them. But the time did happen, and in those days, when the people worshipped out of love rather than fear, that the true temples were built, you see. The ancient ones, long lost and forgotten."
The owl who sat on his shoulder wore a look of disdain. This was the creature's natural stance, he had no ill will towards the old man, but his face still looked like a person tired of the monologuing of an old man. Not that Shay noticed these things, of course, as he was just the type of old man who would cause those faces in people who truly meant them.
"But nothing is ever truly forgotten. Studying under the old sages gave me much ancient knowledge. Including the locations of the old places, and knowledge of the old ways. Knowledge oft forgot in this era. I remember old Josie spoke of coming to this temple once. A true lady of spirit she was. A practicer of the old faith, the true faith of spirit. While that was many decades ago, even before my own time, Im sure it's still near here. Temples don't just get up and walk away... Though it would be nice to go off of more than my own memory and a vague shadow of a dream..." He reached into his modest rucksack and pulled out a small statue of a smiling child, carved from ivory. The statue's eyes looked haunting, almost pleading, "And I would like to know why my dreams told me to bring this as well... Honestly, just being in it's presence gives me the Willie's, you know? The outcome had best be worth the trial," he shivered and set the thing back in his sack, "How far out do you think we are, bird?"
The owl gave a loud shriek in response. He hadn't heard the question; he just wanted breakfast. Night was starting to fall, and Veego would go out to hunt when the old wizard set up camp.
"Of course, how would you know such things?"

Reactions: Pen

Pen

The game is on!
Though it was getting dark, Iki managed to spy the faint glimmer of Belo's armor just on the horizon from where she and Bella were. As Iki was making sure she's one sight away from Belo, she noticed Bella bump into something so she rushed over to check it out.

"What just happened? Everything okay, Bella?" she asked as she too hit her head on the invisible wall in front of them. "Ouch!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom