• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Donkey Kong 64HD Should Happen

Chinagin

Son Just Died. Huh.
Yes. All the yes. That needs to happen. I think people who dislike the game are a bit unnecessarily harsh with it. I'm still not completely sure of why they have a problem with it. The only thing I don't really like is some of the mini-games, like the beaver one. Damn rodents won't go down into the hole of that barrel no matter what angle I came from! >:C

But yeah, even though itd probably never happen, it'd be cool if it did.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
A remake would be nice without the glitches but a brand new sequel to this game would be even better because I have fond memories of playing it as a kid and would like a new game to complement it.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I love DK 64. It's a great platformer that combines the fun platformings of M64 and Banjo with it's own unique ideas like guns, old arcade machines, jetpacks, awkward rapping, and DK lore.

So why exactly did Nintendo sell Rareware without keeping the rights to DK64? It's trapped in limbo forever between Microsoft and Nintendo, and the only legal way to play it is to find an old cart. I did, but they're getting kinda rare and expensive these days for those who haven't. Buy the rights back Nintendo.

Ranting aside, A new 3D DK would be a good follow-up for Retro Studios after Tropical Freeze. To see them rebuild a classic game and add some new cool features would be awesome. There's room for new levels, new bosses, and maybe some enemies or locations from the more modern DK games to be added in. I also think the artstyle would look great on the Wii U hardware. If it sold well, it could even spawn a sequel. Microsoft, you'll never be able to use 'DK64, sell the rights back!

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
They do have the rights. They didn't "sell Rare". Problem is they'd have to pay Rare some royalties for the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom