• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Skyward Sword Have Your Favorite 3D Zelda Combat Style?

What title has your favorite 3D combat?

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Majora's Mask

• Wind Waker

• Twilight Princess

• Skyward Sword

• Total voters
M

Major

Zelda has been constantly adding and throwing away aspects of combat since Ocarina of Time. Whether its Majora's Mask using masks agains bosses or Wind Waker's quick time parry system, Zelda has always added a new wrinkle to combat with each installment. Skyward Sword's was most drastic, but was it your favorite?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
YES!
SS was how TP should have been combat wise, not only did it finally show off the full potential of the wii's motion capabilities but it also was the most fun to fight enemies with. Actually having to slice in particular directions rather than mindless button pressing or wrist waggling added the difficulty to combat that we needed.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I like OoT's the most because it feels the most real to me, but SS' is much more compelling to play. I'm looking at combat style including th enemies and tricks therein, so maybe that is clouding a bit of my judgement. I dunno, I enjoy both and it feels great to know how button mashing can evolve into strategic strikes. So really I'd say both lead into each other, in a sorta kinda way.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
Skyward Sword has my favorite combat out of all the 3D Zelda games because it is the most fun to play. I have not had a single boring moment in combat in Skyward Sword. Even regular enemies like Bokoblins are a joy to fight. All the enemies wielding a weapon are fun to fight because they are semi challenging because they block your attacks and such. You have to think of how to defeat your foes, not just mashing buttons or waggling around wildly. Skyward Swords combat is a step up from previous 3D installments combat. It feels like you are Link and you are fighting the enemies. Well, that's my opinion.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
People have different likes. I love OoT's combat style more because I take into account the enemies included into the game and how challenge they are to me. SS has the better style, OoT has the better combat. Combat takes precedence over style simply because I can beat you in any style I like, the fact would be I'm still beating you. That's how I think of it anyway lol

MW7

After playing Skyward Sword, all the others feel so limited in what you can do. Also Wind Waker and Twilight Princess made combat way too easy.

People have different likes. I love OoT's combat style more because I take into account the enemies included into the game and how challenge they are to me. SS has the better style, OoT has the better combat. Combat takes precedence over style simply because I can beat you in any style I like, the fact would be I'm still beating you. That's how I think of it anyway lol

I'm not sure what you mean by style. And I didn't really mean that anyone who doesn't think Skyward has the best combat is wrong. I realize everyone has differnent opinions.

I agree that Ocarina had a wider range of enemies that could be defeated in different ways. I wish Skyward had had more enemy types and maybe a few more enemies that weren't just beasts with weapons. Bokoblins were also wayyy overused. But the enemies that were there were designed so so well and some of them were truly challenging and just plain fun. The lack of Darknuts is a real headscratcher though....

Regardless, the increased control of Link and the added need for strategy and increased difficulty make Skyward miles above the other games for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom