• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does 3ds Price Drop Mean Something?

will the wii u be out by Christmas?

• Yes?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
T

Toonwolflink418

as recently posted on ZD, the 3ds has been dropped 80$ does this mean something?

i told my parents this information and they said it meant that there will be a new system by Christmas, i say no, the only system they have announced is the wii u and we all know that wont be out for a while, so tell me what you think about this

S

Sideli

Utterly meaningless. Just like prophets and fables and old pony's tales it is just a story people tell to their grandchildren to scare them. Don't pay any mind to it, it's just the whispering wind.

Nothing will come of it, and we will all have forgotten it by next week.

Also lol I'm imagining you showing your parents an article about it and crying "WHAT DOES THIS MEEEEEEEEEAN???" in a mental breakdown kind of way.
gosh so silly

C

Caleb, Of Asui

It sounds to me like your parents don't know much about Nintendo or about video game consoles in general. XD Although technically, the PlayStation Vita will come out by Christmas, but I'm not clear on whether or not they meant specifically a Nintendo console will be out by Christmas. The price drop on the 3DS, in all likelihood, will be a major contributing factor, along with the release of Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land, in the 3DS outselling the Vita this Christmas. It's a very good thing for Nintendo since the 3DS hasn't been selling wonderfully so far mainly due to how dang expensive it is, and I expect most people's view around Christmas will be that the Vita is too dang expensive while the 3DS is more reasonable.

S

Sideli

I heard somewhere that from the looks of it, if the Wii U doesn't sell well, Nintendo will go the way of Sega.
Basically they'll be screwed financially, stop making consoles and Mario will start going bad. They'll release Mario Generations and it will be a massive disappointment just like the last 10 years of games before it.
Remember Legend of Zelda? Say hello to Zelda Tennis.

Actually no, forget I said the price drop means nothing. This is what it means.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
i told my parents this information and they said it meant that there will be a new system by Christmas, i say no, the only system they have announced is the wii u and we all know that wont be out for a while, so tell me what you think about this

I really don't think a new system is even close to being announced (if you mean a Nintendo portable that is). It wouldn't make sense as even the Virtual Boy had a year before it got dissed. If we were talking certain other companies *coughapplecough*, then your parents would probably be onto something. :lol:

It sounds to me like your parents don't know much about Nintendo or about video game consoles in general. XD Although technically, the PlayStation Vita will come out by Christmas, but I'm not clear on whether or not they meant specifically a Nintendo console will be out by Christmas.

This is what I think is more reasonable to say. Did your folks even say which console would come out? It certainly won't be a Nintendo portable.

I heard somewhere that from the looks of it, if the Wii U doesn't sell well, Nintendo will go the way of Sega.
Basically they'll be screwed financially, stop making consoles and Mario will start going bad. They'll release Mario Generations and it will be a massive disappointment just like the last 10 years of games before it.
Remember Legend of Zelda? Say hello to Zelda Tennis.

Actually no, forget I said the price drop means nothing. This is what it means.

You just made my day. :xd:

Ok, now on a serious note: If the WiiU doesn't sell, Nintendo will probably still get profit from their portables. I mean, that's how they managed to stay in the game after the GameCube's sales performance, right? Also, I think Nintendo has a very good idea of what makes Mario games good while SEGA lost it with Sonic years ago and is recently starting to get it back. I don't see them letting Mario go the same route, in my honest opinion (unless they do something along the lines of the infamous kiss scene in Sonic 2006 with Mario).

And Zelda Tennis? I can see a herding game, a crossbow training game (see what I did there?), a swordplay game and heck, even a snowboarding game as doubltful Zelda spin-offs, but a tennis game?

I think they are bringing it down because there are no good games except OoT3D, the only reason I got mine was because it was $200 and the future good games.

D

Deleted member 14134

Well sales probally suck and they need to sell more. Ill get one within a year because of this and im sure lots of other people will be attracted to the new price. The wii u was confirmed for 2012 and they wouldnt be giving themselves enough time to set up a proper launch. After the poor launch of the 3ds they dont want to make the same mistake for the wii u and want to get some good launch titles out with it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Icwutudidthar, SB.

The 3DS Price Drop is probably Nintendo taking advantage of it's awesome fanbase, it has a duality of the Ambassador program and also the price drop, both parties get something out of it (20 games//$80 dropped on another console purchase). I don't think it's Nintendo being in trouble, if it was then they would come out with some PR statement or something. (for those who don't know, PR in business general means Public Relations)
If not that, it's Nintendo trying to keep all Sonic 2006 references AWAY from Nintendo (seriously, do not buy that game. Horrible gameplay, a hedgehog dating a human (need I say how bad that is?), and worse-er things. *shuddersonthoughts*)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom