• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you wear pyjamas in public?

Ever worn your PJ's in public

• Yes

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Pyjamas are just for sleeping in right? Or are they? It may just the way things have always been but what if it is time to question tradition and ask ourselves is there a better way?

I think there is a better way. And that way is wearing pyjamas in public. It is something that some people have taken to doing a lot and some wankers even banned it in their supermarkets. But it isn't hard to see why people have taken to it once you give it a go yourself. I remember my first trip to the shop in my pyjamas and dressing gown. It felt so freeing and so right. I was actually at a pyjama party and therefore didn't have any real clothes so we all went out in a group in our pyjamas. I like to think that we inspired others to do the same once they saw how happy we were in our sleepwear.

Anyway I was wondering if any fellow forum dwellers ever wear or have worn their pyjamas in public? And what their experience was like. If you have is it a regular or rare occasion?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I've worn my pyjama pants in public many times. However, it's usually really late at night when I'm making a quick stop to the gas station or grocery store for some snacks. So there really aren't all that many people I need to worry about seeing me.

Mido

Version 1
No and I wont because I dont think it should be socially acceptable.

tumblr_nftp2plep81tdwamwo4_r1_400.gif

Yes, I'm very guilty of this. My go-to attire often entails going into my inventory of quote on quote "pyjama pants" with a comfortable shirt and/or sweater with a fine hat to boot (I must protect my bald head somehow). Of course, it really all depends on time and place. I'm not going to waltz into a place where I need to dress more reasonably with pajamas as my dapper attire. If what I'm doing is more recreational in nature, then I'm more likely to oblige what the OP so eloquently states.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
Only ever to the grocery store, and when I'm with my gf who is also in pajamas. But I don't see why it matters if I don't plan on meeting anyone important or anyone I know.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
My pajamas consist of a t-shirt and shorts, but I still don't really wear them out in public. In the rare cases I do, it's because I'm doing something real quick like a trip to a gas station nearish my house (which is out in the middle of nowhere, so not really 'public'). Though I do love to wear comfy clothes out, mostly in winter when it's more feasible. I have a sort of go-to winter outfit that consists of very comfy sweat pants, a t-shirt, an oversized Zelda cardigan, and fingerless gloves. Not the most stylin' look, but sooooo comfy. And probably better than wearing pajamas out imo.

Ninja

Well well well
I only do it for gas station and Walmart trips, any other time is kind of eh. However when I think of PJs, I think of long trousers and either a matching or long sleeve shirt.

Sweatpants are life tho.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
The only time I have done this is when I fancy take out so I put a hoodie over the top and pop to a drive through. Otherwise it's the distance from my front door to my car

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Nooooo never wear pjs out only at front door... tjey are comfy but ive been brought up to not wear pjs out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom