• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Wash Fruits Before Eating Them?

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Do you wash apples, grapes or tomatoes etc. before eating them?
I didn't use to do this before but after working in my local supermarket for a few weeks and seeing in who's hands all those poor fruits get to be in and not to mention the insectides that all of them get sprayed with, I started washing all of my fruits.

so what about you?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Yeah, I definitely do. I buy lots of apples and grapes, and strawberries, those are the main fruits that fill my Ginormous Fruit Bowl™, and I always make sure to wash them. It's just for cleanliness really, don't know who's touched them and things get mucky by just being out, too.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Of course... They've been touched by tons of people. I usually just give em a nice little rinse. No need to go overboard with the washing.

Seeing as how I work at a supermarket, I have experienced firsthand what goes on when customers are not around. ;J

With that said, I always make sure to wash fruits before eating them, as not only has many hands been lain upon them but they also have a habit of collecting dust at the supermarket--dust that even the machine rinses cannot fully remove...

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Is this after you've got them back to your place? ;)

I've forgotten your wit these past years...

But yes. The rinse and the act usually occur at the same time...

2790387-IF-you-know-what-i-mean.png

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Have to. Otherwise face the risk of being penetrated by a million diff'rent hands and more.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It depends on the fruit. I typically run apples and grapes under cold water for a bit before I eat them. The same goes for blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, peaches, etc. However, I do not bother to wash fruits like oranges and bananas, considering you peel them anyway. What's the point in washing them if you don't even eat the skin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom