• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Want to Have Kids One Day and how to raise them

Claire

The Geekette
I'd like to have a child some day, but not anytime soon. I would only want to have a single child because I want to be able to devote all of my time and energy into raising a child the best I possibly can and be able to financially support them in every single way I can to ensure a bright future for them. I don't think I could do that as well with multiple children. Also, having 4 sisters, 3 of which that have their own children, I'm realizing how difficult it is to juggle multiple children and give them the attention and affection they need. Even though I'd only want one, I have to admit I'm afraid of having twins. Both of my boyfriend's parents are twins, my sister had twins, and in my family there are about 5 sets of twins.. so, hopefully I have a choice in the matter.

I would like to have kids one day. One or two..no twins though because I am a twin and theres too much competition between us.But if I do end up with twins, I would want one to be a girl and one to be a boy so theres less competition.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Definitely. On a biological, primal level, its natural to want kids (and unnatural to not) since one of the main goals of life is to pass on genetic material.
That aside, I can understand why some people don't want them.

Me personally though; I'd love to have kids, I think I'd be a great father. I want to have at least 2 kids, a boy and girl hopefully.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Not at all. I honestly don't want to experience giving birth, I won't have the motivation to raise them well, I'll always be skeptical of whether or not they'll grow up to be the next world-famous serial killer regardless of if I'm the best parent ever, and there are too many humans on the world already.

Plus, I don't want to get married or have a relationship or anything so it wouldn't be a good idea to have kids anyway.

I always thought I wanted children, but... life is a lot simpler not having them. Those whom I know who have children are, well, miserable. Having children is very expensive and would take you away from a lot of life's joys: hobbies, gaming, traveling, sleep, freedom. The majority of women my age who love to game don't game because they're mothers; they don't have the time. Besides, there's too many people on the planet, anyhow... why add more?

At the same time, when I get older, it would be nice to have that sense of family.

Last edited:

Dan

How Would You Raise Your Kids

Okay so we have a thread asking if you would like kids but now let me ask you how would you raise them?

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
I want to have kids but I am obviously not prepared. I don't know, it seems like a lifetime goal for me to form a family in the future.

EDIT: GUYS IF YOU ARE HAVING KIDS PLEASE THINK OF OVERPOPULATION! WE CAN'T TAKE MORE HUMANS IN THIS EARTH!

gannondorf

Dark Lord Gannondorf
Ya, I'm far to selfish and irresponsible to be held responsible for taking care of another human being.

Also, As of now, I don't ever want to be tied down to one place or one person.

I value my freedom far to much and being stuck with a women and a kid that would cost me a fortune is not appealing to me at all.

As of now, there extra unnecessary weights and personal attachments that I don't need.

now if I could have a female companion that is rather helpful in my future goals while at the same time, not being forced to ever stay in one place with them, as well as not have to pay for them,(not needing me to hold there own weights) then I would consider a female companion that could walk with me in the pursuit of our similar goals, but no more!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What do I see when I look at you humans? I see potential. I see countless minds of knowledge to be collected. I see a means to an end. I see power of unfocused and scattered knowledge with in each and every one of you, ready to be exploited for my own ends. If you are appealing me, its because you have something I want or need and this will be the closest thing that you will ever get to a true relationship. Playing the part of the friendly person is easy.

It makes you believe that there is someone that actually likes being around you. Those feelings of companionship and friendship are not completely lies for me, but at its core, it always comes down to what I can use you for."

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Well I sorta do and don't, I'm in the middle of wanting kids. Although it mainly partains to my want of getting married, which is what I don't want to do. And I believe that you must be married to have kids, so I'm not having kids without getting married, it would be a sin if I had kids without getting married. Anyway, if I had kids I'd like a lot of kids. ^^ As to how I'd raise them, I'd home school them all for sure, and well I guess just do stuff as it happens. I can't say exactly how I'd raise them, but ya know, I'd home school them. :bleh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom