• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Want Ganondorf As the Main Villan?

L

Legendary Dude

Do you want Ganondorf as the villan or someone else?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
No I do not want Ganondorf as the main villain preferably. In all but one console title, Ganondorf has been the main villain over and over again, and he even pulled off a situation where we thought we had a new villain but were copped out by Ganon. Honestly, I find that we should have a change in villain for this game, especially if it is meant to be based around the origins of the Master Sword. Ganondorf had only become a really big threat during the OOT and FSA periods when we most likely speculate to be his origins. If this game is predating those events, then perchance we shall need a newer and older villain.

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
Well now I'm not sure if the game even has the mater sword in it since it is call Skyward Sword but maybe (I hope not) Ganon/dorf will be in the game. Hopefully we know he's the villain from the start unlike in TP.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
No, I really don't. Honestly, Ganondorf and villains similar to him (*coughMalladuscough*) have been used so much that I am sick of him as the villain. He has such an elaborate background story about him that I find it hard to see how he can still be innovative as the antagonist. SS is supposed to be really innovative, really fresh, and as such I feel Ganondorf would just be too stale and out of place. That's just my personal opinion, but I would really prefer to see a brand new awesome villain...and no change of villain plot twists like TP either, that was simply horrendous in my opinion.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
Considering that the Master Sword appearently is going to be in the game, Ganondorf automatically has a connection. And I dunno, the villain doesn't matter to me, as long as he is creative and challenging.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I don't mind Ganon either but his tennis volleys are annoying me. I would like to see another Villain. Someone like Zant, but without turning into a complete freak like the same Zant did.

i am torn, on one side we have had Ganondorf on many of the console games so far, and he is getting stale, and on the other, we have that the alternate villains of late (in PH and ST) have sucked. i don't know which one i want less

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
To put it simply, no. Ganondorf is fine and dandy, but he's been used far too much to fit SS's theme of innovation and freshness. Also, I still don't forgive him for what he pulled in TP. Just kidding, but still.

If this is to predate OoT and give us the origins of the Master Sword, then there is next to no chance of Ganondorf being in SS. He originated in OoT most likely, and if this is to explain the Master Sword's origins then he absolutely cannot be a part of the game.

And for those of you who say that the Master Sword is only useful against Ganon/dorf and that it wouldn't make any sense for there to be a villain, remember that the Master Sword contains the power to repel evil, not the power to repel Ganon. It's just that whenever you think of the Master Sword in use, you think of Link's many struggles with Ganon.

I think that Ganondorf has been milked enough and a new villain should arise. If he comes back in a future Zelda game, I hope it will be surprising and that his presence will be fresh.

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Ganon has been the main villain for such a long time, maybe he should still be a part of the new game, but in a different way.

:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

D

doctorseaweed

Yes. He is such a epic villian they can't just take him out. I want him in the game but in a diffrent way, like maybe he is a good guy because him and Link need each other to take down a evil more evil guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom