• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Use the Shields?

Do you use shields?

• Yes, all the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, never.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes...

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
I usually use the shields when I'm going up against tough enemies, like Stalfos, or when I have to use them , like on Octorocks (I know you can slash at the rocks to get the same effect, but that doesn't mean I prefer it)

D

Dodongo_Buster

HELL YES. those electric bokoblins really gave me a hard time so needed to shield bash them to shut them up. none of my shields ever broke, sometimes i purposefully let my goddess shield get hit a couple of times to see how much damage some enemies do, like the keese do literally nothing.

At the beginning of the game I never used the shield because I din't want it to break I still got them upgraded and stuff (I'm a completionist) I started using the shield when I got the Sacred shield and more so the Hylian I was never scared of it breaking so I felt safe to use it

Well, in the first playthrough I used them. Now, I trying to make a shield-less run, so to speak. I only use them in extreme situations... The game seems funnier without them.

On Skyward Sword, I not only use the shields right now on my current file (which is my first full playthrough also), I have obtained the Hylian Shield!! I literally got it just before typing this post, was very glad I only had to do 8 of the 10 Thunder Dragon Lightning Round boss fights to get it, Koloktos was the last boss I had to face and only had about one heart left when I beat him.

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
I bought shields but I just never used them for some reason...maybe because I didn't like thrusting the nunchuck? I don't know. I had it I just never used it!

GAMERG0D

The Gamer God
I used the shields on my first run through the game. Now I'm in the process of another run without shields, potions, Heart Pieces, Goddess Cubes, or any upgrades but Hero Mode isn't on.

SS is the first game where I'm in love with the shields. Shield bashing is great for enemies that like to block your attacks. And you only lose on durability if you stand there and take the hit, but not if you bash.

I definatly needed it to keep up with demise. and in lanayru to me it came in handy alot.

V

VictoryStar926

i used the final version of the iron shield it had a big health bar and i would have ued the goddess shield but it broke in its 2nd upgrade but i was too far thru the game since i last saved so i did not reset :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom