• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Do You Think We Will Get Another Four Swords Game?

Salem

SICK
I really really want a Four swords for the Wii U I don't care who's the final boss.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Four Swords? Wii U?

Excuse me while I go and yell at the top of my lungs in the street (out of happiness). :party:

I think it is about time we got a 3D Four Swords game. As long as the cooperative multiplayer is a little bit more accessible, I am all for it! As long as it has good puzzles, and a nice increase in difficulty from the modern Zelda games.

Four Swords is one of those good Zelda ideas that should never completely die. Every iteration so far (not counting The Minish Cap, but you don't exactly see "Four Swords" in its title, do you?) has been kind of half-baked, like Nintendo wasn't really trying that much. What we need is another Four Swords game with some real time and dedication put into it to ensure high replayability and quality.

A 3D Four Swords would be incredible, I'd think. Honestly, anything you could do in the original FS games, you should be able to easily replicate in 3D. Nintendo should go for a different visual style, too, since the Wind Waker inspiration was kind of done to death. Imagine the competition between the four Links in 3D that lets us see subtle body language and facial expressions, all trying to be the one to save the maiden first. Not to mention Four Swords has a wealth of good ideas it could try, so Nintendo should definitely tap into this potential in the future.

A Four Swords game would definitely work better on an online-capable system like the Wii U and 3DS compared to past tiles that required an assortment of cumbersome cords to work. I'd definitely say it's a possibility, though I wonder if the Four Swords games are popular enough for a sequel to be made. They weren't exactly the best received entries in the series, after all. Then again, Nintendo has added four-player coop to a number of recent Mario games, so the chances that the feature will return in a Zelda game aren't entirely hopeless.

Out of curiosity, would anyone here be interested in playing a 3D Four Swords game instead of a 2D one?

OcarinaofWind12

So zetta slow!
I was literally talking to a friend about this TEN MINUTES AGO! A Twilight Princess art style 3D Four Swords game would be amazing IMO!

And aren't we "rethinking conventions" like "playing by yourself"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom