• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think There Should Be a Zelda Fighter?

Do you want a Zelda fighter?

• YAR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah brah.......

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
J

johnwolf

um kinda stupid poll realy. link is already in soul caliber II and he was awesome. secondly there isn't realy a huge line up of characters to fight link and/or ganon. sorry if i kinda sound rude though. it sounds cool but it's just not posable with the slim characters that actualy fight with swords.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Well, just like the poster above me said. Links already been in a fighting game and even though it was cool, it's not what the Zelda universe is about. Plus technically Link is a fighter in his own right so to add somewhere else, I don't think would be a good idea.

Link may appear as a fighter in an already established fighting franchise such as Smash Bros. or Soul Caliber, however, a fighting franchise solely based off of Zelda characters is not only unnecessary but nearly impossible to pull off. If you really want a Soul Caliber like fighter for Zelda, your prospects are slim for these are few prominent sword wielders throughout franchise history.

I think super smash bros. wii u should feature a ton of people from each game. not just 3 or 4. maybe like 10 - 15. it wouldnt be hard. so yeah =p

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Sure, why not? Combat is heavily focused on in the Zelda series, even if it's not the main focus. Bringing all the Zelda characters in (within reason, of course) to fight it out would be pretty cool. I mean, seriously. We've seen Link in both Soul Calibur and Smash Bros., and we've seen Zelda and Ganondorf in Smash Bros., as well. They work great in that style of game. What would make this sort of game any different? Nothing. It's silly to say this sort of thing wouldn't work. If this sort of game isn't ever made, I won't complain, but I know I'll get it if it is.

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
I say YAH.(like the poll)That would be really cool.It could fight in places like Death Mountain,Geroudo Valley,Hyrule Castle.It should be a 3D fighting game.You could be Link,Zelda,Girihim,Gannondorf,Gapora.(and other people too.)

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I think it would be cool if they could have a feature in the next zelda game like there is in kid icarus uprising where you can battle other players in the game, but an entire game devoted to fighting would be hard to pull off.
Here is my list so far: p.s. instead of changing colors like in SSB, they could change to their different looks in different games if they appeared multiple times.)
Link
Dark Link
Zelda (uses magic)
Tetra
Ganondorf (TP)
Ganon (OoT first battle)
Demise
Ghirahim
skyloftian knight?
Midna (uses magic)
Midna as TP (uses magic)
Zant
Impa
Shiek
Groose
Wolf link
Darunia
Prince Ralis
MM link (with goron, deku, and zora masks)
Fierce deity link
Maybe some others, possibly generic enemies.

Last edited:
um kinda stupid poll realy. link is already in soul caliber II and he was awesome. secondly there isn't realy a huge line up of characters to fight link and/or ganon. sorry if i kinda sound rude though. it sounds cool but it's just not posable with the slim characters that actualy fight with swords.
they could put all the links in gannon impa zelda sheik could all be in their possibly on the the hyrule guards some of the zelda bosses that fight with swords they could make it work :)

Saying they shouldn't make one because Link's already appeared in fighting games is a really poor reason to say they shouldn't make one. That same argument would dictate that because they've made Zelda games they shouldn't make any more. It also ignores that... um... Zelda characters have been in fighting games and it worked out well. Saying they've been in games is more of an argument for it being a good idea than it being a bad one. -.-

Yeah, sure, why not make a Zelda fighting game? Saying it could be a bad thing for the series is, in my eyes, a pretty poorly conceived argument, and they've proven that they can make it work, so what reason is there not to give it a try sometime?

Link may appear as a fighter in an already established fighting franchise such as Smash Bros. or Soul Caliber, however, a fighting franchise solely based off of Zelda characters is not only unnecessary but nearly impossible to pull off. If you really want a Soul Caliber like fighter for Zelda, your prospects are slim for these are few prominent sword wielders throughout franchise history.
Virtually every character listed below uses a weapon, magic, or has natural weaponry that would be as good as a weapon. There is no problem with realism, and even if there was, most fighters are not realistic (not even Soul Calibur; Soul Edge is pretty much an unusable weapon.) As for the bolded statement, HOW is it impossible to pull off? In what possible way?

First, how is it stupid? Also, in Soul Calibur games most characters fight with an assortment of weapons, and you don't necessarily need to even worry about weapons at all if you want a less realistic fighter (which a Zelda fighter probably would be anyway.) As for the lineup? Well...

Link
Dark Link
Zelda (uses magic)
Tetra
Ganondorf (TP)
Ganon (OoT first battle)
Demise
Ghirahim
skyloftian knight?
Midna (uses magic)
Midna as TP (uses magic)
Zant
Impa
Shiek
Groose
Wolf link
Darunia
Prince Ralis
MM link (with goron, deku, and zora masks)
Fierce deity link
Maybe some others, possibly generic enemies.
Generic enemies is a VERY good idea and would include tons of characters. There's also tons of Link, Zelda, and Ganon variations, plus lots of other villains not touched upon and other capable side-characters.

-Agahnim
-Majora
-Skull Kid
-Garo Master
-Igos du Ikana
-Onox
-Veran
-Vaati (multiple forms to choose from and/or have variations)
-King Bulblin
-Bellum
-Bellum Possessing Linebeck
-Chancellor Cole
-Byrne
-Malladus

And I could list many, many more. So, may I ask, what cast shortage?

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
I think a Zelda fighter game is very much a possibility. In fact, I would argue that Zelda has one of the best cast lineup for a fighter game. Not only are there many Links and Zeldas to choose from, but the scores of enemies, villains and side characters is vast. Just because the character doesn't have a sword or a human-like variety of weaponry, doesn't make them any less of a candidate for a fighting game. Punches, bites, headbutts and other hand-to- hand combat attacks should not be excluded. in addition, the Zelda series as plenty of areas to have possible stages. It's a great spinoff game idea.

I think Soul Caliber and Super Smash Bros have set up the idea that they could try the idea out. Plenty of support characters that they could add into the game!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom