• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda Do You Think the Original LoZ is Hard?

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
It used to be hard for me, but once I became familiar with everything, it wasn't that bad. I haven't played the second quest yet, but I'll be sure to do so.

I wonder how the first guides to this game were created. How could they possibly find all the secrets. Some people had way too much time I guess.

M

Masaomi Kida

sort of....... but the music is nice. :) i liked the dungeons though.......... yeah it was hard

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
Just watch the video guides on this site and they'll help a lot. However yes it is a very challenging game.

I think the original Zelda game is one of the most difficult in the series, mostly due to the lack of any kind of indication of where to go or what to do (other than the subtle hints of strange cave-dwelling old men). A lot of the later dungeons were packed with super difficult enemies and all of the extras were really well hidden, making the game frustratingly difficult at times.

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
True but I remember having a journal dictating everything I did in LoZ. So it's still awesome to remember.

Caige

Moves Like Jagger.
Without a guide, it's nearly impossible. It's definitely a very gnarly game. I'm having a lot of trouble. I watched Caleb's walkthrough and I'm so jealous of the way he's just ripping through it like a total bad-a--. When I try to do that, the enemies do the exact same to me. If I get through this game, I'm going to consider that to be my best asset. I'll even list it on my resume when I apply for a job. (JK ;) )

I think the reason it's so hard for me, is because my generation of kids have grown up with 3D video games and less complex and games with easier difficulties. It was about a decade before I was even born! And I was only one when OoT came out.

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
I'm on the dragon dungeon or video 7 so yeah I'm hoping to beat it soon.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Nah, I didn't think it was too difficult. The only part I hated was I kept getting lost in the last dungeon and I couldn't remember the correct paths to find the Red Ring and the Silver Arrow.

I thought the hardest part of the game was navigating through the overworld, the dungeons I didn't find that tricky.

Medri

Erus Per Tempus
I thought the hardest part of the game was navigating through the overworld, the dungeons I didn't find that tricky.

This is the universal truth honestly.

The game is ball numbingly hard because it doesn't really give any directions on where you go, you are just to explore and hope you find things out. It could take you a year to figure out how to beat the game simply because of how mis-directing the over-world is.

The Dungeons are pretty simple, but still a challenge. It is By Far the Overworld that presents the hardest challenge, and is actually the true dungeon of the game.

C

Chuckles

Without walkthrough's it's incredibly difficult.
With Zelda Dungeon's walkthrough I ended up finishing the whole game 100% in just 3 hours! :D

S

Savva

I only played it briefly, i have the port version on gba, found it pretty hard to get around kept getting lost but with time and patience i don't think it would be to bad, don't think a guide is necessary whats the point in playing a game if your just going to use a guide to tell you what to do....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom