• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Still Play Classic Video Games?

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Even though many modern video game systems was released in recent years, I still like to play the games from classic (vintage/retro) systems especially from Commodore 64, Atari, Genesis, NES, SNES, and GBC.

My favorite classic game series is Dizzy series for Commodore 64. I also love all Genesis games that i owned. Until now, i still replaying these games when i have free times. The most recent classic game that i played is Flink the Misadventure for Genesis.:)

So, do you still enjoy playing games for classic system, or are you prefer games for modern system? Do you still have your old consoles/handhelds and if so, do you still play with them?

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I have consoles from the Atari 2600 to XBox 360 and enjoy playing all of them.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I always play the classics. Specifically Kirby Super Star and Super Mario RPG. Those two games are legendary in my opinion, and endless fun! Even through the more irritating phases of both games, I still have fun even dying! xD

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I don't play too many classics...i wish a had my PS1 and PS2 again :(

However on the Virtual Console, I tend to play a lot of games such as LoZ, Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Bros...recently as well I've started to play more GC games on my Wii! I hope to re-buy The Wind Waker soon!

I replay classic games all the time and occasionally dig up the gems I missed out on.

I mainly gravitate towards the N64 because that's the system I grew up on. Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, and Goldeneye hold up surprisingly well to this day. I miss the day of a strong single player experience. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I don't really care about Atari, arcade games, or anything like that, but my most frequently played games were released between the birth of the NES and the death of the Dreamcast. Don't care nearly as much for most games before or since, excepting handheld titles, which seem immune to the annoying trends of the rest of the industry.

So the answer is yes. The Phantasy Star series, Myst, Sonic, Donkey Kong Country, Actraiser, etc...there are too many good classics to name.

I don't just play those games for nostalgia's sake either; while I owned a Genesis at the height of its success, I discovered many of its best games after 2004. I never owned an snes so the same is true for that console, as well as the PC.

Last edited:
Yes I do,I still Playing Mario games on SNES,Sonic 1,2,3 and CD,the Mega man games,Castlevania and I will start playing Contra soon,I like retro games a lot.

Nah. I love having them around. Honestly the only old school games that I play really at all anymore (For me N64 is pretty old school) are games like Mario Party, Super Smash Bros, etc. on N64. Games that I can play with a few people. Paper Mario, Donkey Kong 64, Star Fox 64, hell even Zelda isn't all that fun anymore. But games that me and my brother can play together are just fun. It's not nearly as fun as back when the games were new, but they're still nostalgic to play, which certainly adds to the fun.

I'll keep the games that I don't play as much around. I don't know why though, I guess nostalgia. I'll probably play Ocarina of Time three or four more times on my N64 for the rest of my life. (I might emulate it, but idk if that counts)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
My guy recently got the stuff he needed to set up his old Atari 2600... on Christmas Eve. You won't believe how HAPPY that made me. I got to play "Berzerk" for the first time in about 20 years. The following week, with the help of his nephew, we found a store that sells old games. Got to have my "Frogger" and "Adventure."

Retro makes me very happy.

octorok74

TETTAC
Yeah. I enjoy playing them. The older games have the harder puzzles. So they are great for working the brains. But I wish I could find what I need to get my Commodore64 up and running. I need a couple big things and then it should work. Already have a disk with games on it.

I still have my snes and play it a lot, it has lost the capacity to save the games i play but i don't mind its still just great fun to play them. All the games i loved back then i still love now like DKC, Super mario world, Kirby's fun Pack, Yoshi's Island etc etc =] Snes was an awesome console.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Yes, I do. I play all the classic Nintendo games as much I do the newer ones. Most were discovered in the recent generations, while some are games I enjoyed even at the time and continue playing today. The Nintendo 64 is the primary source in this case, with classics such as Super Mario 64 and Super Smash Bros.

When it comes to the work of Sony, I strictly play the old school games, never going past the PS1 console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom