• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Stick With Your Starter?

S

Shora

I always, no matter what, keep my starter. Sometimes, I make the big mistake of focusing more on it and having my other Pokemon with very low levels. In my first Pokemon game(Crystal), I even won the championship while half of my team(that I never used) were at level 4-10. Now I level up my other pokemon, too, but my starter is always 5-10 lvls higher than the rest of my Pokemon.

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
My starters are my bros. I've had the same Charizard from LeafGreen for like 3 years that I transferred to HeartGold when that came out. Totodile, Squirtle, Charmander, Cyndaquil, Treecko, and Snivy will always be my bros. Im starting to dislike the fire starters because of their repeated Fire/Fighting attributes. Blaziken was pretty damn cool, but I felt Infernape was a rip off of blaziken and Emboar's design just sucked, considering Tepig had so much potential design wise.

I always keep em in my party no matter what. I'm not a serious competitive player so i dont care about using the same overused pokemon as everyone else. I like experimenting and trying to find unique pokemon ive never trained before. But throughout my game, I change up most of my team depending on the circumstances or i just make eggs send them over to the new game and train those pokemon

Pikacondon

Title.
Generally, I try to make an informed decision at the start when choosing the starter and I often have stuck with them throughout th I will focus on my starter for a while and if it is doing well and I get a good moveset going, then it will normally end up being one of my highest level through to the end. I've even transferred some of my favorite starters from other regions and games into new ones for my team.
I also brought my pikachu from yellov gba edition to diamond, and have yet to bring that to black. My pikachu is a heirloom!

I usually keep my starter until after I beat the main story and start getting my party to level 70-100. Except for my Blaziken, I never take him out of my party.

Fig

The Altruist
So at the start of every Pokemon game you receive a starter Pokemon. This usually (for me) goes on to be one of my strongest Pokemon that I stick with for the rest of the game. But once you have an opportunity to leave it, do you? Like when you can obtain stronger Pokemon over Global Trades of Download Events or any other way. Do always stick with your starter Pokemon?

I have always kept my starters in my teams, because they should be your strongest Pokemon from all of the rest.

Y

Yoshi

My starter is pretty much my whole team lol. Im generally way too impatient with a new game to train new pokemon. If i do train a large team however, there genaerly very strong and i chose who i want to get before i start the game.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
I always stick with my starter through the story, once you've stopped fighting gyms and things then I start training other pokémon.

TheMightyThor

The Thunder God
I keep my starter pokemon in my party throughout the story in each generation of Pokemon games. I mostly select starter type based on the opponents weaknesses and resistances. I'm a fire and water type power starter.

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
For me it depends on what gen I'm playing and whether or not I'm playing legit. If I don't play legit, and I usually don't nowadays, then it'll depend on whether or not I'm doing a challenge or something along those lines. For Heart Gold I think I still have my starter and that he's a total buff.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
My very first pokemon game, Pokemon Yellow, is the only example of where I didn't. I caught a Pidgey in the forest and trained it so that it could beat Brock. It beat Brock, and it slowly worked its way to level 61, allowing me to beat Blue easily (somehow), while my Pikachu slowly took a backseat, and the only moment of awesomeness he got was when he saved my butt against Misty by killing her Starmie.

After that, I stuck with my starter. Until Generation IV, to a degree. I used Infernape for a while, but when I brought over my starter from Generation III, my Blaziken nicknamed Inu Yasha, he took a backseat until I got him to level 100 (the natural way, involving no Rare Candies).

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
I always keep my starters and build the rest of my team around them. I just get way too attached.

The only time I didn't keep my starter with me through the entire adventure was during a Nuzlocke run I did on my Ruby version. Kaleb, by Combusken at the time ended up dying about partway though the adventure. I was devastated. :(

M

MudditheMudkip

I always keep my starter. I get a sentimental attachment at the start of my game, and I can't bear to let them go. They usually end up being my strongest and most used pokemon. In fact, the pokemon I catch early on in the game tend to stick with me to the very end. I just can't put them back into the PC Box!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom