• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you nickname your pokeymans?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
During my nuzlocke of moon, I used names recommended to me by members of this forum. During a nuzlocke of omega ruby that I did during the summer, my pokeymanz were specifically named after members here.

Aside from that though, I generally don't nickname my pokeymanz. Just feels weird giving names to creatures you use to fight to get money and become popular.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I always give them names, it’s part of the fun. The last few times I played, I named my pokemans after members here, friends, and then I tried doing one where they were named after the seven deadly sins (after getting my math wrong and thinking I had seven on a team).

No I don't give my poke'mon nicknames. I forget who is who that way. But geez it's been waaaaay too long since I've played a poke'mon game. maybe it's time to fire up a game after i finish minish cap.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I don't anymore but when I was a kid I would nickname them as the first evolution so when it evolved it was still called whatever it was before. I thought it was funny when my character would throw out a charmander but it was actually a charizard.

I've never goven a pokemon a nickname, not that i dont like nicknames i just can never think of good ones then they evolve and it doesnt fit anymore.

However i'll always love Brute-Root, the Venusaur from the first movie. That was a good name.

My trend is naming my starter after a mythological character and naming the legendary after the villain team's leader. I do sometimes give other pokemon nicknames, but they're usually just memes like naming deoxys "Xenforo" in Omega Ruby and naming oddish "Leaf Leaf" on all occasions. On the other hand, as a tribute to my naming trend in Harvest Moon, I usually name my first mareep "Tina." I also tend to give my eeveelutions nicknames. In Moon, I had given names to all of the pokemon in my main team, including a smeargle named "Yuga."

Night Owl

~Momentai
I usually don't nickname pokemon, unless a name comes to me when I catch it. If I named all of them I'd never get anywhere because it takes me forever to come up with anything.

If a pokemon reminds me of a friend, I'll often name it after them. I've also named pokemon after things they remind me of. Like naming Yungoos after Trump, or Naming that woodpecker one woody. I've had a shinx named Sparky, an unown named Agent X, a sylveon named Elvis.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I always have enjoyed nicknaming my Pokemon. I don't know why, I guess it just gives me a better connection with the pokemon when I play if I name them.

MegaPod

Spooky Ceramic
I do nickname some of my Pokémon. I've named a Purrloin and Liepard after my cats, I've named a Sigilyph "Lyft-off" just because, and I very recently named a Smeargle "Happy" when my I taught it to spam Happy Hour before catching it. Those are just a few examples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom