• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Nickname Your Pokemon?

Back when I had Pokemon Yellow, I never nicknamed any of my Pokemon because -- feel free to laugh -- Ash didn't in the anime. The anime was the first major Pokemon thing I got into and because of it I thought that I somehow wasn't supposed to nickname my Pokemon. Thinking back on it, it was all hilariously misguided.

Moving forward, as I play Pokemon games, I definitely intend to nickname just about all of them, making possible exceptions mainly for Pokemon where the original name is really awesome or just Pokemon I don't care about at all. Most people who talk to me in casual settings like Skype chats or the shoutbox know that I'm all about nicknames. :bleh: But also I think the personalization element makes it really cool too. I dig making my Pokemon my own, collecting awesome monsters and giving them cool names and really giving them some significance and customization. I love any kind of customization element.

Chiraku

Demon slayer
I like to nickname my pokemon. Nowadays it's because when we all shared one game, John denied us the right to name 'em. So now with diamond and Black, I'm exerting myself. Right now I name em after legends, like I called my chimchar Wukong, my Lucario Lykos, My Dialga Ryujin, and so on. Though I've been thinking of naming them more simply recently.

Rachel

be vigitant
It depends on the Pokemon and the circumstances. If it's an unimportant Pokemon that's just a filler for a trade or an entry for my Pokedex, then I probably wouldn't name it. If the Pokemon was a favorite of mine or I had a planned a name for it beforehand, then yeah, I nickname my Pokemon.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I sometimes feel the impulse, and often do. I'm pretty casual about my pokemon and once I on Emerald I named them all tehpwnerer.

P

piraka12

i mostly don't name them but if i got a really cool one or i see a other person in the pokemon i rename them after them

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I add 'ser' to the end of the names like in Pokemon Adventures/Pokemon Special.

When I have a good idea for it's name I name it, when I don't, well, I don't.I can remember theese names:
Quilava - Flint (from Mother 3)
Garchomp - Smaug (from The Hobbit)
Fearrow - Gwaihir (from LotR and The Hobbit)
For now thoose are the ones I remember.

I tend to nickname my bug pokemon more often than not. Though in my old Silver game that I've been playing a lot recently, I've been naming everything I've caught for the heck of it!

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I actually don't like to nickname my pokemon... it can get confusing.. espically when I play the original games (like Red or Blue) because they are basic sprites based on what type they are. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom