• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Do you love or hate Revali? And why?

Groose started off hating Link but eventually became almost-buddies with him.
Osfala wanted to be the Chosen Hero, too, but didn't hate Link for it.
Even Mido, an eternal child, regretted bullying Link.
It says a lot about Revali that, even after 100 years, he could not get over his resentment.
His arrogance is astounding, thinking he's superior to Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf.

Best character Nintendo ever came up with in Botw. An asshole bird who hates Link, wants to be the hero, and probably wants to bang Zelda (that's how it came off to me, lol). ****ing hilarious, hope Nintendo does more to subvert expectations like that.

I like Revali, he’s arrogant and supremely self assured, he doesn’t pull punches and doesn’t seem to like anyone apart from himself.
I also love Urbosa, she so poised and confident but you feel she would always be there for you!

I like Revali, he’s arrogant and supremely self assured, he doesn’t pull punches and doesn’t seem to like anyone apart from himself.
I also love Urbosa, she so poised and confident but you feel she would always be there for you!

Revali and Urbosa are the most badass of the Champions. Mipha is seriously overrated in the fandom, mostly by fanboys obsessed with the love-sick waifu trope.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
It's a cheap answer, but he just didn't have enough screentime for me to hate him. He was more the blustering anime bully stereotype: a big prick during the first 90% of the series, but shows off a bit of humility at the very end.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
He gives a good ability, his voice acting is good, but honestly I don't care about him much. He's just okay. In the Champion's Ballad though, I liked him more because we learn that he tries to push himself and master his ability, and that made him more likeable, so yeah, he's okay.

Last edited:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I have always found Revali to be the most interesting champion. He does put off major jerk vibes, and he is a major jerk, but I feel like there's more to him.
In one of the dlc cutscenes, we see Zelda going to talk to Revali by the flight range. There we see him attempt Revalis gale, but mess it up, fall, and get hurt. He tries to act like nothing happened, but it does make me wonder about his character a little bit. He might not be as perfect as he wants everyone to believe.
Overall I think he fell victim to Botw's under-storytelling problem. It's hard to tell a characters personality very well from a two minute clip talking to someone he doesn't like, I think it'd make most of us seem like jerks. There's a lot Ninty could have done with him, but alas.

It's a cheap answer, but he just didn't have enough screentime for me to hate him. He was more the blustering anime bully stereotype: a big prick during the first 90% of the series, but shows off a bit of humility at the very end.

I actually like him better when he's being that sarcastic, rotten prick. It's nice to see he has a soft side, but you gotta admit, him throwing back his head and laughing with Teba and Tulin in that DLC cutscene looked creepy as hell, Lol.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I actually like him better when he's being that sarcastic, rotten prick. It's nice to see he has a soft side, but you gotta admit, him throwing back his head and laughing with Teba and Tulin in that DLC cutscene looked creepy as hell, Lol.

Admittedly, I haven't seen his DLC scenes. I found the DLC just too tedious too finish. Wasn't having fun with it.

Admittedly, I haven't seen his DLC scenes. I found the DLC just too tedious too finish. Wasn't having fun with it.

I thought Sidon's cutscene dangling his baby self in his arms was really dumb. Wish Nintendo would've just made some Mr. Peabody and Sherman explanation where two Sidons simply cease to exist in the same timeline.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I thought Sidon's cutscene dangling his baby self in his arms was really dumb. Wish Nintendo would've just made some Mr. Peabody and Sherman explanation where two Sidons simply cease to exist in the same timeline.

Ooh, wait. We're talking Age of Calamity. In that case I haven't played that game beyond the demo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom