• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Do You Like It?

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
Zelda II
I know many consider it the worst Zelda game (for me that would be TP), but why? I want to know your opinion :)

The first time I played it I didn't really like it, because I was used to Zelda I and the change was extreme, however it is an addictive game, easy to play but still REALLY hard (it's one of the hardest games i've ever played), the music is good, and its technical combat is great too
It was influential as it was the first Zelda in which Link uses magic, OoT's six sages names were taken from the names of the towns, it was the first to have the three pieces of the triforce...
Many people complain about its difficulty, yes it is hard, but so was A Link to the Past, so was the first one, and they are still awesome games
Its only real flaw IMO is the lack of puzzles, but that's enough... what do you say?

This game is actually not that bad. I quite enjoyed it. I would probably enjoyed it more if it was on the actual SNES than on my laptop. Control's suck ***.

I like this game because it is challenging, and making it more difficult, you have to earn point's just to reach a new level, than just collecting Heart Container's, and regular Item's. (Hookshot, bomb's, arrow's, etc. But it's been so long since I've played it, I forgot if it is just Magic stuff that you use instead of regular item's)
Bosses are somewhat harder, and so are the enemies. This is the only game, that I own, that I have not completed it. I love it soo much, but it is a pain the *** when trying to play it.

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
This game is actually not that bad. I quite enjoyed it. I would probably enjoyed it more if it was on the actual SNES than on my laptop. Control's suck ***.

Wut? I thought AoL was on the NES. But the overall game was quite good, it's just that it isn't very player friendly.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I don't like it all that much. Not all because of the leveling system, mostly because it's so hard. Leveling systems are fine, but in AoL's case, there's too much grinding involved, which I hate doing, it's not any fun

Really? I don't know, I have all NES/SNES on my laptop in the same program, so I don't know what's what. My bad.

pacpix

AWESOME
Adventure of Link is my second favorite Zelda. I like the challenge. I think it would be really cool if they made another like this.

i actually kind of enjoy playing it, in fact it was one of my top favorite NES games, granted i liked the first game better but not by much, Zelda 2 was awesome to me and i liked what they were trying to go for and i actually played Castlevania 2 before Zelda 2 and enjoyed it and so when i played Zelda 2 the first thing that came to mind ws "this is just like Castlevania 2" and because of that i enjoyed it, and i don't care how brutally hard the game is i'll still play it

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I found it's difficulty to be fun and nerve-wrecking(I still play it now) and loved the magic spells. The only thing about it I didn't like about was the RPG like style let's just say I hope plan on making a leveling system with SwS.

I really like this game mostly because of the different approach they took towards the dungeons.

I think more people would like it if they would get over its "differences" and difficulty. If you do a decent amount of grinding, you can level up more which makes the game not as hard.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I really did like it, despite the difficulty, but I would have preferred it in 3D. That's the only problem with it: Nintendo didn't have the technology back then to implement it in denser animation qualities, but if they could have employed such techniques, then I believe the Adventure of Link would parallel even with Ocarina of Time.

I quite liked it, but It was really hard, wich would be good if it was hard puzzles instead of hard enemies and useless NPC's. and I didn't like the leveling system either.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I've always liked it a lot. The level up system can be a bit tedious, but if you can get a lot of the lower levels up early on, the higher levels you'll gain simply by beating a palace. Even at all 8's, the East Hyrule palaces are pretty tough, but they make up for that with relatively easy bosses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom