• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Have Any Fears? :O

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
My main fear is that that there might be too many parts of the game that are too much of a pain in the butt to make it non-replayable. This includes excessive back tracking, annoying(ly difficult) bosses/puzzles, side quests and even the controls. Replayability is one of the most important aspects of a game for me. I also hope the cut scenes are skip-able. I love Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask but I would love them much more if you could skip cut-scenes.

Fig

The Altruist
I just hope the game doesn't become a letdown as years pass on. It usually happens to video games that have been worked for years since its first presentation at any convention.

A

Animated Monste

I fear that I'll constantly have to re-calibrate Motion Plus. Several websites have already brought it up.

That and unnecessary motion control. Swordplay is one thing, using motion control to balance on a rope is another.

My fears:

- The game will be too small in landscape. I've seen that Faron woods consisting of three or four area's will already cover up one third of the whole world below.

- 50 - 100 hours in actuelly INCLUDED second quest. It isn't confirmed that this estimated playtime is the first run only. It could as well be 25 - 50 hours X 2 = 50 - 100 hours

- The main villian will just be some standard 'evil monster' that completely lacks personality and character development.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Only that I'm let down because so much hype built up inside me, but the game isn't as grand as I envisioned it to be. Yet for now I discount this "fear," as I am confident Nintendo has worked on this to be their best and most expansive development thus far.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
1. Wind Waker-style islands in the sky. I would hate this so much if there were only like four big sky islands and the rest were tiny. I want huge islands to explore.
2. Tingle. Nuff said.
3. Childish plot. We have the Cel-Shaded games for that. We don't need a console game wrecking the plot of Zelda.
4. Buggy controls. From what I've seen, this may be an invalid point, but looking back at Twilight Princess, I couldn't pull off a Spin Attack to save my life because the Wii couldn't read me spinning my Wiimote. Hopefully the Motion-X + does a better job.
5. Tingle. Nuff said.
6. Link's rival being a bigger idiot than Ralph in OoA when going to save their respective objects of affection.
7. Engrish. As much as I love making fun of poorly translated English, I have yet to see it in a Zelda game (except the first two and the SNES A Link to the Past, where he said Zelda is your...)
8. Tingle. Nuff said.
9. The game just plain bombing. I hope the game is good enough to pull Zelda out of the downturn it is currently in.
10. Lin and Zelda finding an excuse not to hook up. They're already uber-close in this game, from what we've seen. They'd better hook up by the end of the game.
11. Have I mentioned Tingle?

EDIT: REALLY!? WHICH TROLL SUNUVAGUN DE-REP'ED ME FOR STATING AN OPINION!?!? WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME NOT LIKING THE CEL-SHADED GAME!S?!?

Last edited:

Night Owl

~Momentai
The fact that Nintendo hasn't made a truly bad Zelda game allows me to have great expectations without fear.
my main concerns are:

Not enough other islands in the sky to explore (personally I loved the sailing in wind waker)
The Game will get to easy (I have been wanting a tougher zelda game for awhile. not as hard as zelda2 though)
No critters to beat up that will start attacking you. (Like cuccos)

that's about it.
I always find the longest way through a zelda game because I am always exploring every nook and cranny.

Pen

The game is on!
I'm extremely positive about this upcoming game, although I do actually have one minor fear about it. That is the Silent Realm. I'm a wee bit afraid that those parts of the game aren't gonna be as grand as the other parts... I just hope I'm wrong though. My hopes for this game are very high indeed, and I want the game to become the new best game in the Zelda series.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I'm extremely positive about this upcoming game, although I do actually have one minor fear about it. That is the Silent Realm. I'm a wee bit afraid that those parts of the game aren't gonna be as grand as the other parts... I just hope I'm wrong though. My hopes for this game are very high indeed, and I want the game to become the new best game in the Zelda series.

We actually know nothing about the Slient Realm, besides from a gameplay standpoint, what do you mean by "aren't gonna be as grand as other parts?"

Zorth

#Scoundrel
We actually know nothing about the Slient Realm, besides from a gameplay standpoint, what do you mean by "aren't gonna be as grand as other parts?"

Funny how nobody has hardly played the game, But still talks about it like they've beaten it upside-down

And I think it's pretty hard to top OoT, The game was literally at the right place at the right time and was revolutionary.
It's not like we are jumping into 4D here..

However I still expect Nintendo to make a good job and they've never disappointed me, And I don't expect them to do so :)

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Funny how nobody has hardly played the game, But still talks about it like they've beaten it upside-down

And I think it's pretty hard to top OoT, The game was literally at the right place at the right time and was revolutionary.
It's not like we are jumping into 4D here..

However I still expect Nintendo to make a good job and they've never disappointed me, And I don't expect them to do so :)

I know right, from some posts you'd think that game was out already.

I know some people have been talking about the bad things about Skyward Sword recently, and how the game might not be "better" than Ocarina of Time, and I just wanted to say something to try and controle the hype a bit. My expectations are as follows, Skyward Sword should be a game that is no worse, nor better than every 3D Zelda game to date. It's impossible for Nintendo to screw up a game, but at the same time, we shouldn't expect anything more than what we are used to. Failing to do so will cause another Twilight Princess scenario, we expect a game that is a million times better than Ocarina of Time, then we get a game that it (arguably) as good as Oot, but it didn't live up to the hype, so the game's overall image is hurt...

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I know right, from some posts you'd think that game was out already.

I know some people have been talking about the bad things about Skyward Sword recently, and how the game might not be "better" than Ocarina of Time, and I just wanted to say something to try and controle the hype a bit. My expectations are as follows, Skyward Sword should be a game that is no worse, nor better than every 3D Zelda game to date. It's impossible for Nintendo to screw up a game, but at the same time, we shouldn't expect anything more than what we are used to. Failing to do so will cause another Twilight Princess scenario, we expect a game that is a million times better than Ocarina of Time, then we get a game that it (arguably) as good as Oot, but it didn't live up to the hype, so the game's overall image is hurt...

EXCACTLY my thoughts..
Every single 3D Zelda game has been a blast.. So why shouldn't SS.

OoT was a rare case since as I said it was revolutionary.. It made the jump from 2D to 3D, Unless the Wii Motion Plus thing is revolutionary I don't think this is gonna be something divine BUT that doesn't mean it's not gonna be an awesome game.. :)

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
EXCACTLY my thoughts..
Every single 3D Zelda game has been a blast.. So why shouldn't SS.

OoT was a rare case since as I said it was revolutionary.. It made the jump from 2D to 3D, Unless the Wii Motion Plus thing is revolutionary I don't think this is gonna be something divine BUT that doesn't mean it's not gonna be an awesome game.. :)

I think it is impossible to make another game that has what Ocarina of Time had, that game forged modern Zelda, so we should be thankfull...

Pen

The game is on!

It's just a feeling I have. I don't know though... I might be totally wrong about this. From what we've seen this far it doesn't seem as fun as other parts we've seen. That's all. :nod:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom