• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Any of You Don't Do Master Quest?

MasterSwordBoy1

Hero of Pie
I don't do master quest! I don't do it because (I have the 3DS version) I hate how it's mirrored! And I'm not really a person who really likes the different enemy placement! Do any of you people don't do Master Quest? Please tell me! :)

I've actually never played Master Quest as I don't own a 3DS or the Gamecube disc. How different is it from regular OoT?

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I tried to do it and almost died in the Great Deku Tree, but I decided I just can't. I grew up with OoT so I'm way too familiar with placements in the game, and I'd get lost thinking with nostalgia. If it were a different game altogether, I'd do it.

I haven't played it yet, but I intend to, just because I feel like it'd be a really awesome challenge(:
It's just like when people play Mirror mode in Mario Kart XD
It's a challenge, and it's fun<3

I would encourage you to give it another shot. The double damage on 3ds master quest got me interested. The mixed up dungeons are ok but I have played them allready on gamecube verison. It is weird that it is like a mirror mode (gamecube version is not by the way). I just started playing it on 3ds and I find the mirror mode weird mostly when using the slingshot.
Anyway its fun but doesnt too much if you have played it on gamecube before.

The Master Quest is actually a really fun version of Oot to play because of its challenges and it's mirroredness (I don't think that's a word).

I have tried it and I loved it because the mirroring of the map add another layer of difficulty, not to mention the double damage that you take and the more complicated dungeons.

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
I'm playing through it now and I'm enjoying it a lot. Sure it gets confusing at times but that just makes it more challenging.
The dungeons are a lot harder so if you've completed the original version a few times you'll probably like the more difficult battles and puzzles.
If you have OoT3D you're missing out if you don't at least try it.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I never felt compelled to play it and gave it a go on 3DS just to get the most out of the game. I think I got to the Spirit Temple and then stopped because I wasn't enjoying it as much as I had enjoyed the standard game.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I only play Master Quest/Second Quest/Hero Mode when I decide to 100% it, and that only happens once, and I haven't done that yet, so basically I haven't played it yet. I did start Master Quest on 3DS and got to the Forest Temple, it's not that bad actually, it's just that the story is the same as the regular game so unless i'm about to beat it 100% (which I only do once for each game/second quest, the only exception was OoT and OoT3D), I don't think i'm going to finish it.

i got confused just moving across the field every thing is mirrored so no when i go somewhere i have to turn around because it on the opposite side im going to try to beat but i think they just should left the landscape how it was

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
You should try to finish it, the mirror mode isn't a problem since the dungeons are supposed to feel different. The only problem with mirror mode is if you run the wrong way in Hyrule Field. If you really hate the mirrored feeling you could try to pick up the GAmecube version for cheap. You have to remember that the point of a Master Quest isn't to be a comfortable easy game, it is supposed to be a challenge and it is supposed to be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom