• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do people on these forums act the same way they do here as in real life?

Are you different in real life

• yes

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • no

Votes: 19 67.9%

• Total voters
Depends on what language I'm talking in. I'm more self confident when speaking English, and that is true off- and online. I don't think my English offline personality is much different from my online one. My German speaking self is the same person of course, but is much more shy and less outgoing.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I'm more myself on here than I am in real life. On here, I'm the funny, outgoing person I want to be but in real life I'm quite awkward. I'm able to be outgoing in certain situations in real life but most of the time I have trouble talking to people because I'm really awkward. I wouldn't say I'm shy, I just have a hard time making conversation with people I don't know very well and I hate small talk.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I would say I act like me, though I'm more articulate online than I am in person, because I have more time to think about what I say and in what way I say it, which allows me to engage in heavier discussions than I would like to do in person because I can think about what I say before I say it.

According to my questionably Completely logical deductions, all the formal and moddish members are perfect replicas in real life, whereas all the average Joes(or Janes. Please don't kill me, feminists) here are complete lunatics.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
In these forums when debating with people I tend to use reasoning. Of course in real life you don't have to do that you just need to shout louder than your opponent and mock his attire.

The conversation topics here are often different from what I talk about to people normally I don't know if that is the same for everyone here. As you may or may not be aware being a Zelda fan in the UK means you never get to discuss Zelda because nobody will openly admit to liking the franchise here.

I know a lot of people say they feel more confident online but I don't feel that way myself. I'm more confident interacting with physical humans.

Misty

Ronin
As usual for me, I feel like offering an overly complex answer:

I'm not really the same person to anyone who is in my life because my relationships to them and interaction style differ greatly based on our previous history and varied other contexts. The internet is its own context and it offers a different variety of history to be held.

Furthermore, due to the fact my internet interaction at least on forums such as this one are largely written, people are free to impose any style of tone and inherent ambiguity of language used on whatever I say based largely on what they feel/hope/want/think I'm saying. Thus, some people are certain to think I'm an utter wanker while others will probably think I'm impish and sweet while whatever I am largely remains constant.

As I get to know people, I'm certain to shift my interaction style with them to whatever I feel is appropriate. I do not think this constitutes a change in myself, however.

I suppose that what I'm saying is: yes, I'm the same in real life, but only in my baseline characteristics. So much else is varied as to cause me to answer that I am not the same in real life, because in real life everyone would have far less luxury of interpretation.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Well, irl I'm caring and loyal but I'm also moody as hell, opinionated and argumentative so in other words, I'm exactly the same as on ZD. The differences are likely minor. I'm not a very loud or in your face person irl, I'm what you call an "introverted extrovert" as in, I'm social and like being social but I dont make myself centre of attention irl. I'm more emotional irl, but that shouldn't surprise anybody. The only way I've become more like my zd self irl is the fact I don't take any kind of **** from people irl anymore, just as I never have on zd. But that, I think, has come with real life experience. I wouldn't say I'm more confident per se but the older I get the more stubborn and therefore, good luck trying to push me around. Honestly you might be someone who talks to me off zd or you know, my boyfriend lol, and think this is bull**** stop lying Beauts. But your perception of yourself can be different from how others see you.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Would you like to hear what I said again? Hoo hoo.

Yes<
No
That's my line :bubsy:

Probably the biggest difference is that I'm a little more open about myself here whereas I tend to be quieter irl. Perhaps I just see this place as my home, and other members as friends and family.

I actually try to have consistent behavior between who I am online and who I am irl. It'd be too much work keeping track of two different people.

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
i am exactly the same. Only my jokes are a bit funnier cause I have a bit more time to think them through.
I am still funny in real life though, and quite the handsome man if I say so myself

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well in reality, I do not "act" in life much at all. I rarely speak, I try not to talk to people as much as I can. I avoid people whenever possible. Online I'm rather carefree.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Yes, although I'm more sensitive in the real world when people tell me how much they hate the military. I've made an effort to restrain myself on Zelda Dungeon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom