I have mentioned this previously on the forums. If Nintendo was to do this, I would highly recommend Nintendo do not copy the Playstation Experience model. Nintendo should copy the Blizzcon model.
- Each area of the event hall would be themed like a differnt game franchise.
- Each main franchise would get their own stage time for the developers to talk about the games
- Each up coming big release would have playable demos there
- Esports would be a thing. Splatoon, ARMS, Mario Kart, Pokken DX and any future games.
- The USA Championships could be there too (**** Nintendo, it's not a world championships)
- People who buy a virtual ticket to this (it's all streamed world wide) would get early access to some sweet digital ingame loot
The downsides to this?
- Reggie would insist this is in the USA every year. Nintendo miight just give in to his demands. This would prevent most non US fans from attending in person. The event would ideally be in a different location around the world each year.
- The developer keynotes would kind of suck as many of the key game developers do not know English. Subtitles or Bill Trinen translating on the day just kills the awsome impact these keynotes can give. The only other option is using other staff who know english, but then all of the developer insights are 2nd or 3rd hand as it's not the actual developer on stage speaking.
So after this analysis would something be good? It would be a lot of fun but probably not technically fiesable for a few reasons.
So what can Nintendo do in my opinion?
- Keep doing the Directs as they are amazing and work really well.
- Find a replacement foir Iwata Asks. Those interviews with the game developers were so good and so much into was gathered from them. They were all eventually translated into English and Iwata was a master of being a good interviewer. He knew exactly what questions to ask. Someone else should take over this.
- A few more Behind the Scenes videos would be nice. The Breath of the Wild ones were really good. Other games like Mario Odyssey or ARMS would be good candidates for these videos. They don't have to be long videos, just enough to give the public a little insight into what goes on in making the game.
The big difference between Blizzard and Nintendo is Blizzard does not go out of it's way to **** over it's non US customers like Nintendo does. Almost all of the game related content and Collectors Editions from Blizzard are available world wide and they are exactly the same world wide. Not Like Nintendo who like to only insert the best stuff for the US customers and have multiple US only events and a US only physical store Aonuma apprecuates all on Nintendo's customers. I wish the rest of Nintendo was like Aonuma.