• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread DIVINE INTERVENTION

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
The world has changed
I feel it in the water
I smell it in the earth
I smell it in the air

Much that once was is lost for none now live who remember it.

It began with the forging of the Council of the Gods. An alliance forged some 700 years ago. the Olympians, Aesir, Kami, and others joined in peace after eons of war. but nothing lasts forever....

Thanatos leaves a mansion in Tampa Bay, Florida, crossing another name off his list, scythe in hand. he sighs and lights a cigarette as he Phases back to his domain.

Pen

The game is on!
Idunn was soaring swiftly across an ocean on her way to her next realm to explore, when suddenly she felt a tremendous loss of human life suddenly occur all at once. Being a goddess of life she could sense those kinds of things, but it was always a rather faint feeling. This time, however, she could feel it in her bones. She halted her momentum to allow her winged sandals to carry her in place over the open ocean. Stunned and confused she wondered what exactly just happened. Whatever it was, it wasn't good. Idunn didn't work for the United Council of the Gods (UCG), but she felt like this had to be reported if it hadn't been already. So she sped up again - like an ice skater on the wind - making haste toward the realm where the council resides.

Storm

Thanatos' phone rings off the hook with notifications of deaths taking place in Chicago,Iliinois. deftly, Thanatos appears to see something he dared not speak the name of ravaging the city, roaring with each soul devoured. He reaches for his phone and tries to call for backup, but can not get service due to some unseen circumstances.

Pen

The game is on!
When she arrived at the UCG, Idunn barged through the gates and found the place in disarray. Some gods and goddesses were stressfully running in all directions, while others were whaling with sorrow or shouting with anger. It seemed like they'd already received the message. Idunn tried getting the attention of a few different individuals but to no avail. Eventually she spotted a familiar face coming into the hall from a different room.

"Frey!" she called and ran over to him. "I came here as fast as I could. What's going on?"

"It's truly dreadful..." Frey said with a trembling voice. "Idunn, it seems like nearly every human in Chicago has been... killed."

"What? No!" Idunn didn't want to believe it, but she knew it had to be true. "Who's responsible?"

"We're not sure, but we're about to hold a meeting about how to deal with this situation. You should join us even though you're not on the council. Your expertise from having travelled the realms could be usefu-"

"Screw the meeting!" Idunn interrupted. She was clearly upset. "Even if there's just a single person left to save, we gotta save them. There's no time to spare. I'm going by myself if I have to!" And so she did. She exited the UCG and flew off toward Midgard and Chicago.

Last edited:

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Tenjin frowned at Idunn's hasty exit. "She's always been so reckless... no wonder Bragi was constantly worried about her".

The somewhat personal comment was met with silence by the other members of the UCG. It was known that Bragi and Tenjin were close friends due to the common interest in poetry, but that was about it. The kami reached inside his sleeves, where he quickly scouted for his menthol cigarettes packs; it was going to be a stressful meeting.

"Who are we still waiting for? Can't we get this started already?"

Reactions: Pen

Storm

After about 15 seconds of silence, Raiden continues
"As I was saying before being interrupted by the Vanir, there has been Ill omens on the horizon for months, so says the Norns and sisters of Fate, and now Chicago is being Attacked by.... something out of a nightmare. Mortals dying left and right. we need to save all we can before this spreads and find out what caused this"
Zeus strokes his chin and nods
"whatever or whomever shall answer to The Courts, but for right now we need to send a Task Force. Mordred, who is where?"
Mordred, the God of Chess throws his pieces and they scatter onto a multidimensional Chessboard showing where everyone is
"Looks to me that Thanatos and Idunn are in the Fray, we have Ajax on Earth , 98% of the Gods here, and the 2% not are doing their day to days, childbirth, death, health, science, the like."
Zeus ponders this
"and my wife?"
Mordred sweats bullets
" right behind you, Husband"
~~~~~~~
Thanatos readies himself by taking on his True Form as the Grim Reaper, shrouded in darkness with a scythe sharper than possible, he flies up to meet this Monstrosity that swats him blocks away into Wrigley Field.

Pen

The game is on!
"Zeus is correct," Odin said as he entered the scene, nodding toward Tenjin, Hera, Frey, Mordred and the others that were present. "A capable task force must me sent to Chicago post haste. However, as we do not know what we are up against, we ought to also be prepared to defend as many other locations across the realms as possible. Mordred, you said Ajax is already in Midgard. If someone could message him, I am confident he could make it to Chicago quite swiftly. Oh, but a god of death, a god of war, and Idunn and her reckless righteousness is a poor combination for this mission. We ought to send someone with more... academic capabilities as well."

While Odin spoke and mentioned that someone should message Ajax, Frey stepped away from the group for a moment to contact Ajax through his telecommunication ability.

"Ajax, this is Frey. Listen to me. Chicago has met with a terrible fate. If it's true that you're on earth, please go and check it out immediately."

As Idunn was approaching Chicago, the skies were getting ever darker. She swooped into the city just in time to see Thanatos get brutally smacked by a massive and foul monstrosity. She soared down to the baseball stadium where Thanatos had landed and extended her hand to help him get back up.

"Never thought I'd be happy to see a god of death at a time like this."

Last edited:

Storm

"well how do you like them apples? somebody came to help little old me. What is that thing? whatever it is, it hurts" THanatos says as he grabs Idunn's hand to get up
~~~~~~~
Raiden points to the council
" this is an act set by the treaty as an act of war. anyone found in league with this act will be punished. now we need Volunteers to assist in this Matter. who is brave enough to go?"

Pen

The game is on!
Idunn pouted briefly at Thanatos's apple pun before she helped him up.

"I didn't get a good look at it, but it's already turned the entire city into ruins," she said and drew her naginata. "You seemed to be able to take that hit. I'm sure we can take a few more of those!"

With that, Idunn soared back into the air, speeding for the monster with her weapon ready to strike, but before she knew it she had been smacked right back to the baseball field. "Ouch..." she moaned where she lay in the rubble.

Storm

Thanatos picks Idunn up off the ground
"Maybe this Time Together?" Thanatos says unfurling his wings, scythe primed ready to go. the scythe glows with a Bright Purple light.

Pen

The game is on!
As Ajax came closer, he could suddenly see Idunn and Thanatos, naginata and scythe in hand, performing a coordinated aerial attack on a massive monstrosity of a creature. Attacking simultaneously was indeed more effective than going up against the beast alone, however it was still a challenge to deal heavy blows. Idunn spotted Ajax approaching on the ground below, and mistook him for a mortal.

"Let's pull back for now!" she called out to Thanatos. "We need to evacuate that human!" She then started soaring down toward Ajax.

Pen

The game is on!
Idunn watched with narrowing eyes as the mortal-turned-deity spoke to the god of death. She figured this was something between the two of them that she shouldn't get in the way of.

Storm

Thanatos nods as he flies towards Ajax, looming overhead
"Many have blamed me for the death of Achilles,
but i must decline the surrender of such fine armor.
you shall need it more than I. for the Moment this battle is lost. we must fall back. Chicago has fallen"

The Raging Monster had done what it set out to do. Chicago was devoid of souls. nothing lay in its wake but destroyed buildings and death.

Pen

The game is on!
Idunn looked up at Thanatos. Her turquoise eyes started getting watery, although she shed no tear. In an instant she flew up high into the sky to gaze out over the obliterated city. She could see the mysterious enormous beast moving around in the distance. In a blind rage she charged straight at it, but as she got closer, the monster seemingly grew smaller and smaller. When her naginata was just about to pierce it, it was completely gone. Idunn didn't have time to halt her momentum, so she crashed and tumbled onto the ground where the big monstrosity had been standing only seconds earlier. Confused and upset she stood up again. The beast truly was gone... Far gone beyond their reach.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
~~~~~~

Pythia, one of Apollo's Highest Priestess, had cast a vibrant mix of fumes: it was the ancient way to broadcast information between the divine and human worlds. The hazy screen of colors allowed the entire battle to be spectated by deities gathered at the council.

"See, I told you they'd be fine. It's quite the capable bunch. If you were so worried about them you should've gone help." Mordred's snarky comment was directed at Tenjin.

"They're only fine because that monstrosity decided to retreat for some reason." Tenjin knew something was wrong. Three lesser gods wouldn't be able to defeat the creature that had wiped out one of the major cities in a matter of minutes. "I'm much more of a strategist, there are much more capable gods when it comes to direct combat, send them instead."

That monstrosity... the same thought had crossed Zeus and Hera's minds.
"Do any of the gods here have any information on what that was? Its power and appearance... it reminds us of the Titans, although much more... feral. This better not be leading into another Titanomachy". Just saying the brutal war's name out loud was enough to send a chill down the Greek Gods' spines.

"Maybe it's worse". Odin's exclamation baffled those present. How could it be worse? "That creature reminds me of Garmr. It might as well be a herald of Ragnarök"

Silence filled the council. The great battle Ragnarök? Was the world going to face a catastrophe never seen before? How many of the gods present there were going to die? Silence slowly turned into a panicky hubbub of shouting and sobbing.

"(Ragnarök, huh. I wonder...)" Tenjin's thoughts were still skeptical. As he flipped through some books regarding the prophesied battle, a loud request interrupted his thoughts:

"Hermes, son. Please go tell those three to return as soon as possible. We need to discuss this matter. Hearing what they witnessed in detail might help us figure some things out". Zeus knew the situation was quickly getting out of hand, urgency was needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom