• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Divine Intervention- Sign Up

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Premise: In 1290 AD the seemingly endless wars waged throughout history between the pantheons of the world came to an end. The gods saw the destruction they had caused and realized they needed to heal the world. They formed a united council, consisting of representatives from every participating pantheon, and with that came an era of peace between the gods. This union would also lead to an era of great prosperity for the humans. For over 700 years the gods were at peace, but nothing lasts forever. Recently a group of rogue gods from a few different pantheons have banded together and started killing humans on a massive scale, one city at a time. Their message to the united council is that they will only stop if the council surrenders their power and influence to them. Not wanting to comply, and not wanting to start another war, the council assembles a small team of capable gods whose mission is to stop the rogue gods before they can cause any further harm to humanity.

Name:
God of:
Powers:
Skills:
Equipment:
Appearance:
~
Backstory:

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
I'm acting as consulting host for Storm in this game. I'll sign up with a character later, but for now I just wanted to request that anyone who's interested in playing do at least a bit of simple research about the mythological character you choose to play as. You're free to take creative liberties with your interpretation of your chosen character, but it's always good to still be rooted in the original mythological texts. I look forward to seeing some sign-ups! ^^

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I don't have much experience with roleplaying but I'd be interested in giving this a shot because the premise seems very fun

Can yall give me a quick rundown on how the roleplay works?
Are there any specific rules? or do we just kinda go with it as the hosts/storytellers guide the story?

Storm

I don't have much experience with roleplaying but I'd be interested in giving this a shot because the premise seems very fun

Can yall give me a quick rundown on how the roleplay works?
Are there any specific rules? or do we just kinda go with it as the hosts/storytellers guide the story?
I, too, would like a rundown of how this works.
I'm so glad there is interest!

a roleplay is a story we write together. we each control a character and do things to further the plot. the Game Master sets what can and cant happen in the story. in film terms. we are all writers, i am the Director and Pen here is the Producer.

as for Rules: the big ones are No Mary Sues and No GodModding. Godmodding is when you do something to someones character without them getting a say about it, like shooting them in the head before they can react. or weaseling your way out of a situation in means uncharacteristically to their ego.

Pen

The game is on!
It should also be noted that different hosts prefer different formats in terms of the writing. Some hosts prefer script format, but we tend to prefer novel format. For reference you can check out any old game hosted by me or Storm.

Unless a serious rule is broken there's generally a lot of freedom in how you can write and control your character. I recommend skimming through this thread (or at leasts its OP) for some guidelines. It also explains the different writing formats: https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/rp-tutorial-guidelines-read-first.36578/

Pen

The game is on!
Name: Clotho
Goddess of: Fate
Powers: Decides when people/gods are born or die
Skills: Resurrection/ Confusion/ Poison
Equipment: Weapon: Threads of life, Armor: Cloak with hood
Appearance: Young female with wings and a cloak

View attachment 70551
I see you forgot to fill out your backstory. That can be a good place to give some basic information partially about your character’s mythological experiences, and also make up your own events about what your character has been up to in recent centuries. ;)

Pen

The game is on!
I understand most of the parts of OP but how can we RP gods that don't have godmode? Isn't this literally what makes them gods?
Godmodding in roleplay means controlling other players' characters, making yourself invincible, killing other players' characters without permission or otherwise playing in a way that makes the game less fun for other players by making your character overpowered in a boring way. This is what we want to avoid in the game.

Edit1: 30-35 Points Fanfiction & MMO/RPG/Original Fiction: High-to-very high chance your character is a Mary Sue. Risky range to be in.
I can make another sheet but it would be interesting if we could partially strip some of my character's powers off
Playing as a really powerful character isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it can be hard to pull off in a way thar works for the game as a whole. If you want to make a brand new character instead that is fine, but nerfing your character is fine too. I will try to post my character later today. Maybe that can serve as a reference to roughly what power level we want to be on.

Storm

Name: Thanatos
God of: Death
Powers: reaps the dead and leads them to the afterlife, instant transportation, Necromancy
Skills: Combat prowess, sewing, Arcane Knowledge, knowledge of the Afterlifes
Equipment: Scythe of Death, Black Hooded Robes, iPod Nano with Bluetooth
Appearance:download20230403095101.png

Backstory: The Angel of Death and Eldest of the Olympian Night Gods, son of Nyx, Twin Brother to Hypnos the god of Sleep. when the Peace was first established, he was the last to know as he was pretty busy with the Black Plague in Europe. when he returned, Zeus himself appointed him the head of the Reapers, a sector in the Soul Department that handles the transition of Mortals from living to Dead and the handling of their souls going to whichever afterlife they are set for. after 700 years of doing so, he is getting lonely, longing for another to be by his side.

Pen

The game is on!
Name: Idunn
Goddess of: Life, spring & youth
Powers: Growing and harvesting apples that grant youth to whomever eats them
Skills: She is wise and well-travelled, and is thus able to guide others in a wide range of areas. She is also skilled with plant magic and melee weapon combat.
Equipment: A box of apples, Talaria (winged sandals) and Amenonuhoko (naginata)
Appearance: Blonde hair, loosely braided. Turquoise eyes. Slim build, and a bit on the shorter side.
Backstory: Long ago Idunn fell in love with the Norse god of poetry, Bragi. They married and were happy together for a long time. Like many of the Norse gods, Idunn has had problems with the trickster god, Loki, on numerous occasions. One of her less dignified moments was when Loki helped the jötunn, Thiazi, in kidnapping her. She spent many years in captivity in Jötunheim, while the gods back in Asgard were unaware of her whereabouts. The gods began to age and grow old in her absence, and when they finally found out where she was they forced Loki to right his wrongs by rescuing Idunn himself, and so he did. Once she was brought back home to Asgard she granted youth to all the gods again, and with the new strength and vitality of youth they killed Thiazi. Idunn now holds a grudge toward Loki. Time passed and Idunn's and Bragi's relationship came to an end - not in any dramatic way, they just naturally grew apart. Shortly thereafter the united council of the pantheons was formed, which opened up the borders beyond the nine realms that she knew. Many, many years prior Idunn used to travel all across the nine realms of Norse mythology with her brother. He has since died, and Idunn dislikes talking about the circumstances around his death, but she recalls their days exploring together very fondly. Thanks to the new collaboration between the pantheons, Idunn got to travel a lot more, and see many new places and meet many fascinating people, gods and other being. Her apples of youth were greatly appreciated almost wherever she went, and although she never asked for anything in return, she would receive gifts from time to time. Zeus of the Greek pantheon once ordered Hephaestus to make Idunn a pair of winged sandals. They were named Talaria, and they helped Idunn continue her travels even swifter than before. More recently Idunn has befriended Nozuchi, the goddess of vegetation, grass and fields in the Shinto pantheon. Their friendship started because of a shared love for plant life, and has since grown into something deeper. Idunn has managed to teach Nozuchi a little bit of her youth apple magic, and Nozuchi has given Idunn a naginata called Amenonuhoko, which was passed down from her parents and is said to have the powers to manipulate the earth (Idunn has yet to learn this technique though).

Idunn.png

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
@ExLight @TheGreatCthulhu

Are you guys still interested in giving this a go? ^^ We're happy to answer more questions or help out with any part of the sign-up process if you need it. :)
hiiii
I am interested, Storm reached me out yesterday and I confirmed I do have plans to join
I've been very sick lately, so I been withholding some stuff, sorry for the inconvenience

I still have to update something in the tournament thread, and also have a handful of school stuff I fell behind to do, but as soon I finish those I'll try to come up with my sign-up entry!!! thanks for the patience

Reactions: Pen

Pen

The game is on!
hiiii
I am interested, Storm reached me out yesterday and I confirmed I do have plans to join
I've been very sick lately, so I been withholding some stuff, sorry for the inconvenience

I still have to update something in the tournament thread, and also have a handful of school stuff I fell behind to do, but as soon I finish those I'll try to come up with my sign-up entry!!! thanks for the patience
No need to apologise! Take your time recovering and getting your things in order. I'm glad to know you wanna play with us! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom