• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Disabled Gamers

Are there other gamers out there (or in these forums ^^), who may have a disability that inhibits playing games as well as others?

I am a gamer, and I play every video game one-handed (I even type one-handed). If you want to know more about my condition, feel free to PM me.

Talicor

Bringer of Dragons
Actually, I have a form of spastic Cerebral Palsy. Which in turn inhibits me from playing games that require a lot of motion.(Such as the Xbox Kinect.) also my reaction time is affected as well, making it a little more difficult to play games such as Brawl.

I just posted about Brawl in the What Game(s) Are You Playing at the Moment? thread. For me, it's nice to hear of others difficulties, that way I can relate and discover more about other illnesses.

I just remembered when I was in 6th grade and had a class called "Entrepreneurship." I didn't know that at the end of the course we had Keyboarding. I told the teacher I couldn't type with my left hand, it was too strenuous and painful to try. She told me I had to use both hands. I refused to, I told her I didn't care, if I could complete the practices with one hand, I'd do so.

Talicor

Bringer of Dragons
Really? I find it also reassuring to know that I'm not the only one out there that struggles with some everyday things!! I too struggle with typing very quickly (although I have gotten better.) Do you have trouble playing sports/instruments? Due to my delayed reaction time, while I am quite good in tone and quality on my trumpet, I have a very difficult time with high, fast pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom