• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Direct Sequel of TP Next?

Would you like to see a sequel to twilight princess?

• Yes! Now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah but maybe later

• Don't want a TP sequel

• Total voters
Who says the story HAS TO be concluded? You can really expand on a story until almost all the main characters die (like the spiderman movies :P) as long as Nintendo does it delicately, I believe that they can make a sequel without damaging the integrity of the original story. Furthermore, a TP sequel would work absolutely perfect with the hd graphics of wii u. In my opinion, I really like games better that are more connected, as opposed to many games that seem to tell their own story while only hinting at the big picture, like most Zelda games are.

So basically, if Nintendo did try a sequel, and made it work, no, made it a major success, then that would be just fantastic. But, I get your reasoning, axl. It probably won't happen, but i certainly wouldnT rule it out.
That's my point though. At some point, adding onto a story is just keeping it alive well past the point where its draw is going strong, until it's not really interesting anymore no matter how much you keep it going. I'm actually willing to bet that if the sequel ever were made, even the people asking for it would be disappointed; Twilight Princess is not ripe for a sequel. It leaves basically no room whatsoever for it. There's not delicate way to add something when there's no room to put it.

You don't need a TP sequel to make something fit the Wii U. How about a game carrying similar themes or emotions as TP? Why does it actually need to follow up TP's storyline?

And I actually would rule it out. Totally. I'll be shocked if they ever do a true sequel. xP A similar game would be cool, but I see no decent way of making a sequel work and I doubt Nintendo does either.

Yes, I think it would be a good idea. FSA Ganon is sealed in the four sword but the original Ganondorf could still be revived by Twinrova who are presumably still alive. I think that a sequel to TP would be a great Idea and would be best to utilise a graphical style similar to the E3 demo.
Again, Twilight Princess is in no way needed to revive the graphical style, and the same is true of Ganon. Neither Ganondorf nor TP's style have anything to do with a Twilight Princess sequel. Either can return with ease totally independent of it.

Yes I was aware of that thread when I made this one, however I wanted a poll. :)

@Axle yeah I totally agree that there is no need for a TP sequel, it wraps itself up nicely, but it could be and I want it to be expanded. It's such a great story and I want more of it. It's unnecessary, but that doesn't make it a bad thing should it happen. It would be fantastic in my eyes. I however don't see why you are ruling out the possibility of a TP sequel. It had to have a least crossed nintendo's mind by how the tech demo looked (note I am NOT implying that I think Nintendo will base the next game off of the tech demo)

Last edited:

Big Octo

=^)
Eh, well, not really. I'll keep it brief: the plot of TP has been loaded with many elements, such as new villains and Ganon. To me, making a sequel would be a bit of overkill.

Hey, I just remembered, there is a sequel to RP, we like to call it Link's Crossbow Training. :rolleyes:

I can't say I'm really all that interested in a sequel to TP. Like a few people here, I feel the story wrapped itself up nicely, save for possibly Midna. As much as I liked Midna as a character, I wouldn't care either way if they brought her back in some form or left her alone for that single game appearance.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
I voted "Yes," but the more that I think about it, I s'pose that my answer is a bit more complicated (and will likely come out sounding pretty freakin' stupid). Twilight Princess is, hands down, my absolute favorite video game, with its story feeling very self-contained. In terms of another adventure featuring the same Link, I think that it could be done well. However, I don't feel that it's all that necessary. For me, TP served as the perfect tale for that particular incarnation of Link.

That said, with TP being my favorite video game, there are certainly individual elements of it that I would absolutely love to see crop up in future titles. Upon watching the Wii U tech demo at E3, I feel as though TP's art style should make a return. Certain items -- such as the Spinner and the Dominion Rod -- deserve to be given more range. It's a shame that almost all of their use came from the dungeons that those items were obtained in.

Now, while I said that TP Link's story needed no continuation (and I'll probably start sounding contradictory right about now), what that game did in terms of adding to Zelda lore should be expanded upon, I think. The return of locations such as Ordon and Snowpeak sounds like good times. How about some more -- clear -- insight on the Dark Interlopers/Twili? And as if my avatar and signature weren't any indications, seeing Midna return would be the biggest dream come true for the gamer in me.

So, do I want a sequel to TP? Sort of. Not so much a full-blown sequel that takes place directly after the events of that game, but having individual elements/references scattered throughout future titles would be appreciated. :P

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom