• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Different Types of Fairy

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
On Zelda Wiki a few editors and myself were arguing about what ball of light fairies are in general and healing fairies specifically. In game pink healing fairies are named "Fairy's Spirits" in the shops (using my original cartrage version, with Muslim chants/first gerudo symbol etc.). The following is edited in format but otherwise the unchanged content from the talk page of the "Fairy" article of Zelda Wiki. Opinions? Fact based assertions?

Also on the topic of different types of faries I believe the ball of light faeries are a completely different race called spirits. This is supported by the fairy spirits in Ocrina of Time's potion shop, the season spirits, and the spirits in phantom hourglass. Ganondox (U) (T) (C) 02:51, 10 January 2010 (UTC)

That bit could go in the Theory section of the page, but nowhere else, as it is pure "belief" not based in undenaible fact. =)C↑PR↓ANO talk 05:21, 10 January 2010 (UTC)

It is, however, a deniable fact due the clarification (or several clarifications) in Oot that they were spirits. --Stalkid 13:48, 19 July 2010 (UTC)

Someone should check if the ball of lights are called Fairies sometimes in-game or if they are always called Fairy Spirits. I think they are only called Fairy Spirits because they are only named in the Potion Shop. Jeangabin 19:25, 19 July 2010 (UTC)

Indeed, it seems that the ball of light that restore life are always called fairy spirit in-game. Jeangabin 10:19, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
About the name of the ball of light that restore life, they are never called simply "fairy" in-game, but either "Fairy Spirit" or "Spirit". So I think that theorizing is calling them like regular fairies instead of using the name given in-game. Jeangabin 04:31, 17 August 2010 (EDT)

At the same time a Forest Fairy like Navi is represented as the same ball of light as the bottled "Fairy Spirits" and are also simply called a fairy(the Kokiri have blue, green, pink and yellow fairies.). Navi is the only one with a duty to advise Link(excluding Great Fairies), so it is unknown if the fairies in fairy fountains/various hidden places are also able to speak, exist only as non-sentient bundles of healing energy, or are somewhere between i.e. able to realize Link is a hero and he needs their help. As I recall, the shop fairies have no wings, so they may be a medical derivative of fairies-siphoning off pixie dust like another green clad hero (Peter Pan) is so fond of doing, though they have wings just like fountain fairies when used. PureLocke(User/Talk) 07:06, 17 August 2010 (EDT)

Don't forget the Season Spirits, Servant Spirits, and Spirit of Healing which are also ball of light fairies. Jeangabin 18:34, 18 August 2010 (EDT)

Sorry, I wasn't being clear, I tend to ramble. My definition of fairies is little humanoids with wings and magical power; similar if not synonymous with pixies and sprites. (which is how they were represented until Ocarina, with artwork, in-game, and even in the cartoon) They are often represented as a glowing ball or a trail of light/pixie dust (with or without wings) when the scale(ex. with a human or at a distance) would be wasteful/difficult to draw in a picture/movie or dedicate memory to in a game. This is the same reason the Deku Princess doesn't show up inside the bottle Link is carrying in Majora's Mask. A Fairy Spirit may be just that; a dead fairy or a translation error as is often the case. This could become forum-like debate, is it the usual course to switch over to someone talk page? PureLocke(User/Talk) 21:00, 18 August 2010 (EDT)

Forum-like debate? I think that'd be better suited for... the forums. We only discuss wiki-related topics (i.e. content placement, wording, accuracy) here, we don't really debate about it. If you and some other editors want to debate about it, head over to the forums at ZeldaInformer, Zelda Universe, Hidden Triforce, you get the idea - to duke it out. C↑PR↓ANO talk 22:20, 18 August 2010 (EDT)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom