• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Different Playable Character in a Zelda Game

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Now many of you when seeing this will probably be thinking, "NOOOOO!!!! Not another Wand of Gamelon!!!! You should always play Zelda games as LINK!!!" and I kind of agree. That being said, I still think it would be interesting to be able to play as another character other than Link

Now I'm not saying that you should play as Zelda necessarily, but definitely someone other than Link. It would give you the player a different set of abilities than the familiar controls of Link that we all know and love. One thing that I feel will keep the Darksiders series going for at least 4 games is the fact that you are a different character in each game: War in the First, Death in the Second, and most likely Pestilence and Feminine in the 3rd and 4th. I really feel that this would bring new fans to the series that are turned off by the idea that if you've played one Zelda game you've played them all.

Now I do not agree with all Zelda games being the same, but that's most likely because I would be labeled a fanboy who loves the series way too much. And I'm okay with that. Hell I'm writing in a Zelda forum on a Zelda Website that I have followed for the past 4-5 years (not sure exactly), I'll call my self a fanboy.

-Awesome - "HEY WORLD I'M A ZELDA FANBOY!!!"
-World - "My God....they're everywhere...the fanboys are taking over! Run for the hills!"
-Awesome - "Noooo! Don't run away!! Join the awesome side of gaming! Together we can rule video games forever! Search your feelings World, you know it to be true!"(Please tell me some people got that reference)

Okay so now that I've officially proven to you that I'm crazy and you probably shouldn't value my opinion too highly, let's continue with my discussion. So basically what I was saying is that I think it would be interesting to have a spinoff Zelda game that features a different character. It's one of the many things that I found so amazing about Majora's Mask was that it really was like playing as four different characters in the same game. Maybe Nintendo should try something similar to that again, but then again maybe they should just let Majora's Mask be as unique as it is.

One thing I would not like to be done is where you play as different characters for different parts of the story. I.E. Rachel in Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Having another character's controls trust upon you in the middle of the game is a terrible idea for both gameplay and story in my opinion. You should only play as one character, or have the option to switch between characters like Majora's Mask.

What do you guys think? Think I'm crazy (DUH)? Would you like to see another playable character in the Zelda series? Or if not that what would you want for spinoff game of Zelda to have?

Rambling Finished

The only other person I'd even consider playing as in a Zelda game would be Princess Zelda herself. It would be kind of interesting I guess, if the Princess saves herself for once. :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The only other person I would like to play as is Ganondorf. However, Nintendo are unlikely to bring out a game where you play as a psychopath who murders people and loots women and children.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Well, Tingle is already used as a playable character in spinoff games, so he is probably the most likely character to be playable. And games with him as a main character, however, is unlikely to appear in the West. Hwoever, you did play as Zelda in Spirit track while in the Tower of Spirits and Gongoron in Phantom Hourgalss so I wouldn't say other playable characters are anything completely new.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I would enjoy being Ganondorf, but like Ganonking said, Nintendo probably doesn't allow psychopaths. I would like to see how Zelda would fight back too. Being Navi would be a great way to use the microphone part of a DS, too.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I can maybe see zelda for a portion of the game if there was a weird disruption in time and history and stuff and link and zelda were switched, but not really. Maybe a new hero will arise to assist link someday. Maybe there will be a new guy/girl if in the specific day and age there is no hero of the hero's lineage, but I can't think of anyone that would be cool to play as.

I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to the transformation masks in Majora's Mask as far as other playable characters go (like being able to call upon other characters' help that have skills that Link would need in certain situations), but I would not like to have a Zelda game in which Link is not the primary protagonist. As far as spinoff games go, I wouldn't mind playing as another character in one of those. Then again, as it is a spinoff game, I probably just wouldn't play it regardless.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
To play as any other character as Link is blashphemy. If you want to use other characters in a game, play a different game. The Zelda series is soely based on using Link as the main character and the only playable character hence the name "Link" to being played as a link to the player.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
Well in MM you kind of play different characters through changing what mask you are wearing. So I would count that, although I do have to say I don't think I would enjoy a Zelda game in which I play a specific other person other then Link.

Well in MM you kind of play different characters through changing what mask you are wearing. So I would count that, although I do have to say I don't think I would enjoy a Zelda game in which I play a specific other person other then Link.
Even if the other character was Zelda?

oh wait...Spirit Tracks technically does that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom