• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did Twinrova Really Die?

Something I've noticed before that's been a common bit of debate when it comes to Zelda timeline theories is how the Oracle games can't be in the adult timeline beause you can fight Twinrova in the Oracle games, but she died in OOT. Or did she? I've always thought the scene after they're defeated in OOT (the one where they start disagreeing about their ages) seemed a bit cheesy. From my point of view, this 'death scene' looks like it was a faked death. It wasn't like the other bosses where they simply either explode, fall apart, or burn. Twinrova's death was a bit too comical for me to believe they actually died. I have no problem thinking that these two 400-year-old (or 380-year-old, take your pick) witches with black magic could fake their deaths, go into hiding, then come back in the Oracle games to fight Link and revive Ganon. Besides, after the witches float up into the light after their annoying bickering, they say "I'll come back to haunt you." That, to me and Ccaleb also since he said the same thing in his OOT walkthrough for this site, that this refers to them appearing in the Oracle games. Feel free to agree or disagree with me. And if you see any problems with my theory, plese leave a comment or send me a message with your views.

Ganondork

goo
No, I think they're dead. The reason why they're in the Oracle games is because the land they are in are Labrynna and Holodrum. Think of it like Hyrule and Termina; there are similar characters, but they are different people. Now, there is a possibility that is actually true, but I truly doubt that Twinrova did that. My main reason for this is that if they were in fact alive, it would make no sense for them to run to a new land, and wait for Ganon to be sealed away so they could revive him.

It would make more sense to just wait for Link to be near death and then kill him. Now, you're theory is valid of course, but I really and truly doubt it.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I don't know if they're dead or not, but I don't pay them much attention when it comes to placing OoX. Capcom is known to use established characters just because they fit the story, so their presence could be explained by cameo, or being different twinrova, or many other things. "We'll come back to haunt you" is evidence that they can still appear on the AT anyway.

The cartoonish way of them dying makes me think they were really just defeated, and not killed.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Huh... I never though about it that way. Personally,I still think the Oracles are on the child timeline, but you do have a point there. I'll be sure not to argue this as fiecely now, since it could go either way.

HOWEVER,
No, I think they're dead. The reason why they're in the Oracle games is because the land they are in are Labrynna and Holodrum. Think of it like Hyrule and Termina; there are similar characters, but they are different people. Now, there is a possibility that is actually true, but I truly doubt that Twinrova did that. My main reason for this is that if they were in fact alive, it would make no sense for them to run to a new land, and wait for Ganon to be sealed away so they could revive him.

It would make more sense to just wait for Link to be near death and then kill him. Now, you're theory is valid of course, but I really and truly doubt it.

That's a very different situation.

Termina is a parallel dimension
Holodrum and Labrynna are neighboring countries.

The Twinrova in OoX is the ame from OoT, no matter what side of the timeline it's on.

EDIT: I don't think Iread that post very well the first time.
Termina aside, I do agree there are many recurring characters in the series that are different people. But I still think that Twinrova is too big a character for there to be more that one without an explanation.

Ganondork

goo
Huh... I never though about it that way. Personally,I still think the Oracles are on the child timeline, but you do have a point there. I'll be sure not to argue this as fiecely now, since it could go either way.

HOWEVER,
Quote Originally Posted by Ganondork View Post

That's a very different situation.

Termina is a parallel dimension
Holodrum and Labrynna are neighboring countries.

The Twinrova in OoX is the ame from OoT, no matter what side of the timeline it's on.

EDIT: I don't think Iread that post very well the first time.
Termina aside, I do agree there are many recurring characters in the series that are different people. But I still think that Twinrova is too big a character for there to be more that one without an explanation.

Also keep in mind Capcom made the OoX games. Capcom doesn't always do things that support Nintendo's past Zelda information

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Locke said:
I don't know if they're dead or not, but I don't pay them much attention when it comes to placing OoX. Capcom is known to use established characters just because they fit the story, so their presence could be explained by cameo, or being different twinrova, or many other things.
Capcom or not, the entire premise of the Oracle games is the resurrection of Ganon; this is not possible without Twinrova. Twinrova's appearance cannot be a cameo, or else OoX loses almost all connection to other Zelda games. Twinrova's appearance cannot be pushed aside by claiming it's a cameo.

As for the notion of Twinrova being dead, more attention is put into their death than most character deaths, in that they show them ascending to what is presumably heaven/the afterlife. Why would they bother to put so much effort into the way they died if it wasn't any more significant than an ordinary character death? Most use Twinrova's absence to place OoX on the CT, but I can see someone making the argument that they are simply different individuals to place them later on the AT, especially if they subscribe to a multiple Ganons theory. However, I would think it strange for them to appear with the notion of resurrecting Ganon if they didn't have some personal connection to him like they do with OoT Ganondorf.

Capcom has developed multiple Zelda games for Nintendo, all of which are considered canon, so it doesn't seem fair to write off appearances as being cameos (with the sole exception of the MS appearing in OoX). It is also fair to claim that just because a character makes an appearance in a game doesn't mean that they have some profound theory connection, and it could just be a recycled character; however, this is not the case with Twinrova, because they hold the majority of OoX's second-quest story in their presence.

Pen

The game is on!
Hmm... Well according to my timeline theory the Oracle games are on the child side of the time line. On that side they didn't die in OoT. So to me it makes perfect sense! :)

You do have a fair point there. So then going by that logic, what would you say about Minish Cap? Should we still set so much store by it?

Garo

Boy Wonder
Probably not very relevant, but are Koume and Kotake in Majora's Mask the same from Ocarina? I find it doubtful given that apparently only Link made the crossover, but I suppose it is possible.

Well MC was also developed by Capcom

True. Kotake and Koume appeared in Majora's Mask, but they, like many others, were simply characters that used a model form OOT. I know they had the same names as their OOT counterparts, but so did Guru-Guru and he wasn't the samw guy. I think Link, Epona, the Happy Mask Salesman, and Skull Kid are the only characters that are the same from OOT.

Not trying to be picky, but they weren't technically the only characters that have the same name as their OOT counterpart. Guru-Guru (OOT: guy in the Windmill; MM:guy who gives you the Bremen Mask) has the same name but is a different guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom