• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Did Skyward Sword Ever Make You Cry?

Did skyward sword make you cry?

• Total voters

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
A lot of games typically don't affect me in an emotional way, but Skyward Sword had several instances where I was drained of every sentiment except for melancholy. The cinematic aspect of Skyward Sword felt like watching an actual movie during some parts. Whenever Link caught up with Zelda at the Earth Spring, and Impa chastised him, my heart ached for Link. He only wanted to reunite with Zelda...but their destined roles had to separate them for the time.

Link's second reunion with Zelda let up to a heartrending scene where Zelda explains it all to Link, awakens the mark of the Triforce on his hand, and blesses his blade with its ultimate power. But Zelda then admits that she used him and voluntarily seals herself away in a crystal. Meanwhile Link realizes what she's about to do and rushes forward to stop her, but too little too late he is halted by the crystal; and even then he proceeds to bang on it.

At last, after Demise's defeat, the gang all got back together... Yet two of the companions could not go with Link, Zelda, and Groose to their Skyloft community. Impa chose to stay behind, and Fi had to go back forever into the Master Sword since her single duty had been completed. Fi's farewell was an especially poignant moment as she spoke her final words to Link and also related to him a feeling of happiness.

I didn't cry during this game, to be truthful, although I did tear up several times. Nintendo developed many touching and stimulating cutscenes into Skyward Sword, and I consider it to be the most emotional Zelda game to date, rivaled only by Majora's Mask in that department.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I dint flat out cry, however I teared up when Zelda was sealing herself away and her confession to using Link... He looked so heartbroken, I wanted to give Link a big hug :kawaii:. I also got all emotional when Fi goes into her permanent sleep, which is basically dying and reveals that her time with Link were the most precious time of her life, and that she was happy despite being unable to comprehend human emotion.
SS definitely tugged on my heartstrings way more than any other Zelda game Ive played (Yes, I have played MM).

I don't think I've ever cried during a video game. (Or any form of media for that matter) However, that doesn't mean I didn't get emotionally invested in the characters.

Post-Fire Sanctuary scene with Zelda = Sadness

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I don't think I have ever cried from a video game but when Fi got sealed back into the sword it did provoke a little emotion.

Lol the emotion that I got from that scene was joy! Joy that Fi was gone forever!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!! DIE FI DIE!!

But on a more serious note...no Skyward Sword really didn't pull at my heartstrings much. Possibly Zelda being sealed, but not overtly so.

R

redclow

Eh... It made me tear up a little bit at the end, cause it was just really touching...

A

Arbledoo

Well, I never really broke out in tears. But I do remember at least having a tear going down my cheek. The part was at the beginning how Zelda and Link are best friends. And at the end when Zelda sealed herself away and when she was released.

Attachments

• Link and Zelda (SS).jpg
    Link and Zelda (SS).jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 0
T

trueguitarist95

No, I never cried during SS. The only time I've ever come close to crying from a video game was in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty when Otacon's sister died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom