• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did Anyone Other Than Me Actually Like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3?

Caige

Moves Like Jagger.
I have not played online, I have only played Campaign. The question is simple. Did anyone other than me actually like Modern Warfare 3? Maybe it's just the fact that I like Soap and Captain Price and think they're bad asses, I don't know. I really liked the campaign on Soap and Price's side, because I'm big fans of them and Nikolia. Simple question. :) Also, this is the first thread I've started ever, so be gentle. :P

Jedizora

:right:
Yeah, it was awesome. The campaign was really fun, although I feel the US story line wasn't that great this time around. Perhaps they should have gotten the US rangers from MW2 back, if you look in the opening of one the the levels, its stated that they were in the area.
Although I wish soap didn't die ;_;
The Multiplayer is better then BO, although its not that big of a accomplishment. IW has certainly made a great game, although I still think that MW1 was the best CoD, by far.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
Modern Warfare 3 is pretty good. FPS Single Players always fall short for me in every aspect except for Special Effects, and in MW3's case, the characters. The online is really what makes a good FPS in modern day, and I enjoy MW3's online, but the way I look at it is it only a way to pass the time for other great titles. Overall, did I like MW3? Yea I did, but I think it is overrated, MW2 was better, and it isn't as great as a lot of the other games that came out this year.

Caige

Moves Like Jagger.
I agree completely that it is over-rated, but I still think it was a great addition to the Call of Duty series. A good way to finish off the Modern Warfare trilogy. Still sad that Soap died. :/
I also think it was pretty awesome to hear about Macmillan(typo?) again. And I do wish that we'd have played as Ramirez again, because I loved to play as him. I have more fun replaying Modern Warfare 2's missions as Ramirez than I do Modern Warfare 3's missions as Frost. I think this captured the feel of war as well. Sandman, Soap, Yuri. They all died. War often comes with loosing loved ones and we all know Price thought of Soap as a brother and maybe Yuri as well. I was on the edge of my seat when Price punched him in the face in Blood Brothers.

Oh and I just got Modern Warfare one for Christmas and I finished it and I do agree it's the best of the three when it comes down to it. Modern Warfare 3's storyline will always just be really fantastic in my eyes, because I admire the fact that Price risked his life to kill Makarov for killing his 'brother'. I just respect that.

Last edited:

Caige

Moves Like Jagger.
Well, I beat Modern Warfare 2 when it first came out and it was great and have just recently completed Modern Warfare 1 2-3 days ago, so I have to agree Modern Warfare 3 can't hang with the first and the second, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game. I'm playing it on the Wii tomorrow. I got it from Redbox to see if it's good on the Wii just for sh-ts and giggles. And because I really want to replay the game.

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
I hate CoD it's a sham. OOOOO I'm gonna charge 60 bucks for the same game for 4 years. Who cares.

Caige

Moves Like Jagger.
That's why you never buy. You rent and see if it's worth the buy. Who's going to blow sixty dollars for what you're describing? I might if I like the game.

Agent B

The King of Hyrule
I have never actually played it, but if it is anything like Modern Warfare 2, then I will probably like it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I love MW3. But unlike what most neo-gamers do this generation, I don't buy CoD for story. I buy CoD for what the original LAN party FPS players did: to be on top. That's why I play MW3 even though I've played Black Ops. MW3 is enjoyable if you play it for its primary purpose. Story is never the primary purpose of a video game except in those obvious exceptions.

Modern Warfare 3 was a great end to the Modern Warfare series, in my opinion. I loved how they connected all the games through Makarov and Yuri. It was amazing learning that Makarov was an enemy even in the first Modern Warfare although he made no appearance at all in that game. Yuri was a guy that I enjoyed playing as and overall I felt he was a good character. I wasn't very happy that the Delta Force members died, however. The last mission was probably what made the game for me.

I liked the online multiplayer, but really can't care less for it sometimes. Playing against those little kids gets highly annoying, especially when they rage because they keep dying. The multiplayer to me didn't seem that much different from Modern Warfare 2's, which I didn't really enjoy. The weapon choice was good, although I still miss my G3 from the first one :<
So in terms of multiplayer, I would definitely say that the first Modern Warfare had the best out of the three.

The new survival mode was awesome. I can play that for quite a while without getting too bored, and it's especially fun when you're playing it with a friend.

Mido

Version 1
MW3 is a solid game that im my opinion is definitely worth it. I kind of see it as a huge expansion to MW2, since not much was really changed. It had a good campaign, and the multiplayer was nothing to blow you away, just the usual run of the mill COD experiece. I also really like survival mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom