• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did Anyone Else Like Returning to Regions Beside Me?

I actually liked the repetition of returning to places you already have visited. It gave it kind of a new feel being in the same area, but for a different reason For me it was like whenever I was in a dungeon, I would think that I have explored every nook and cranny of that area. But then would return to that dungeon with a new item and then so many new opportunities open up and you can interact with the dungeon in a new way. This was the case with Skyview Temple. Backtracking to dungeons in my opinion adds more mystery to them. Because you think you know the place then you see that there's more to the dungeon than meets the eye. The reason why Nintendo made 3 huge land masses that you would have to move through 3 or 4 times is because they wanted to create a world that seemed alive. Not just a string of areas you visit once then never return to. But that's just me. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
I liked returning to the regions and finding a whole new area I had not explored. That always excited me. When it happened the first time, it made me eager to go back to the other provinces so that I can finally access those other areas I have not visited (I didn't know Nintendo was going to do that). They were nice surprises. Discovering the Sea of Sand was one of my favorite moments.

It was nice to have to return to the other places. There's no point in going to a place once and never returning. To me the place is just a waste of space then.

I really liked returning to areas, too. I prefer that over the old "visit once" theme of other games. I loved the ambience of underwater Faron Woods and the sneaky, Forsaken Fortressness of Eldin Volcano during the Song of the Hero quest. Going back for previously unobtainable items was fun, as well.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I thoroughly enjoyed how you could find new areas of the regions. I think it was a cool way to make you want to come back for something else besides grinding for treasure or something.

I also loved re-exploring regions. I never really liked that feature of most RPGs, being that once you visit an area and beaten the boss, you wash your hands of it and never return again. Going back to new areas and discovering new things was one of the best parts of Skyward Sword. :)

Also! If you enjoy this style of gameplay, I highly recommend you check out Metroid Prime. Very much the same idea, except executed a little more gracefully than in Skyward Sword.

The best part about going back to regions again was to see that brand new area that you never saw before ready to be taken on. It was a great mechanic.

MW7

I love backtracking to find new things. It's one of the things about games like Banjo Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64 that I absolutely love, and I'd love it if Zelda continued to do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom