• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Desert Colossus/Gerudo Mesa/Outset Island

Zleda

Toon Deity
Hello friends.

A few days ago I played Ocarina, Wind waker, and Twilight princess one after the other and noticed something. The desert Colossus, Gerudo Mesa and Outset island all have the same appearance. Then I kept thinking about any other similarities they had. The only one I could think of is that both Outset Island and Gerudo Mesa have caves where you fight tons of enemies.... But they all look exactly the same!!! its hard for me to believe that that's a coincidence. Although, if I am not mistaken bothe caves have fairys in them, right? The desert colossus has a fairy fountain right next to it....

I'm probably reading way too much into it, but that's the point of theory threads, isn't it? :)

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
yup, i think you're right, they may have that in common, but i wouldnt go that in depth, besides, look at the locations, Obviously you can relate TP with OoT, but WW Outset is south, besides the Gerudo desert remains in WW would most likely be Forsaken Fortress...

R

RupeeInTheRough

...but WW Outset is south...

thats a good point, but if the world was flooded, geographical boundaries under the water's surface wouldn't necessarily mean both maps covered the exact some area, with the same point in the center

Zleda

Toon Deity
Looking back at this the Desert Colossus has absolutely no similarities.... Ahhhhh silly high-school me...

Its a great Idea. Keep working on it and maybe post some screenshots of the similar places..

Last edited by a moderator:
Just another example of staple landmark locations in the series, most of which bear no canon relation to one another. Lots of caves have fairies in them, and that whole enemy-ridden cave thing is nothing new; definitely not enough to substantiate any sort of connection between Gerudo Mesa and Outset Island. I could go on about this, but I'll spare you guys a lengthy rant... ;v

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom