• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Dekus in TP

id like to say a few things about tp. why o why arent there dekus in it? imagine what it would be like if it did. you had gorons and zoras, but not dekus? it would have been awesome to have a deku palace or lost woods forest type place tell me what you think. im mastersword427 and im out.

Last edited:

JerônimoLink

New Hyrule's Engineer
id like to say a few things about tp. why o why arent there dekus in it? imagine what it would be like if it did. you had gorons and zoras, but not dekus? it would have been awesome to have a deku palace or lost woods forest type place tell me what you think. im mastersword427 and im out.

Maybe because you only raise your shield by z-targeting in this game, and dekus hide if you come close, so it would be hard to defeat them.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, Deku Scrubs are an enemy in Hyrule, whereas they were an entire (somewhat) friendly race in Termina. Since that's how they are in Termina, they wouldn't have some kind of palace or whatnot in Hyrule. As far as them not being in the game as enemies, I guess Nintendo didn't feel they'd fit the style of the game, or something. (Notice how a few other enemies aren't in the game, as well, such as Octoroks.)

Djinn

and Tonic
There have been a few games where the scrubs have been somewhat of an ally to the Hylians. In Minish Cap you had a business scrub that visited Hyrule to sell there, but he still had a problem with spitting deku seeds at random people by accident. FSA alluded that the scrubs might have been another type of cursed individual that became lost in the Lost Woods. And that the scrub transformation was a part of their curse.

The scrubs have managed to appear in more games than the Kokiri and the Gerudo so far so I would not at all be surprised to see them again in future sequels. I actually think they do a better job of symbolizing a forest people than the Kokiri. Hopefully we can see them again in SS since I do like the species. I think they do a decent job of being both an enemy and an ally depending on which ones you speak to. When most of the time a tribe is 100% good like the Zora and Gorons, or 100% evil like the moblins and lizalfos. The scrubs are one of the very few normal tribes that have members that can be of any alignment depending on the individual. Which I believe most species should be.

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
you had gorons and zoras, but not dekus?
They didn't have Kokiri, either, but I'm not complaining. Anyway, the Dekus may not have been the most popular race in the series and were taken out of the game for that reason. A better explenation might be that the Dekus either died out or migrated to a different land. If you notice, the Dekus survived better in Termina than they did in Hyrule. It would be logical that they became extinct in Hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom