• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Deku Nuts

Alder Dragon

Classic Gamer
Hah, actually...

I used the deku nuts Item Slot as a bottle, using the bottle glitch. That was the first time around though. Using them in combat, I stunned Lizalfos and Stalfos, since the hookshot always seemed to miss.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I really never knew they were of much use against stalfos. The next time I play through I'll be sure to try and give it a shot. Guess they weren't as useless afterall, just my personal preference/ignorance to not want or know how to use them properly.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I really never knew they were of much use against stalfos. The next time I play through I'll be sure to try and give it a shot. Guess they weren't as useless afterall, just my personal preference/ignorance to not want or know how to use them properly.

its not a usless item, the thing is almost no ones use it because its not a primary weapon. like the most of the people, they equip bow/slingshot, hookshot/boomerang, ocarina.

and of course they are handy ***ainst a stalfos, well at least for beginners ( i think )
stallfosses are only open after they attack and then defend in a instant. so if they try to attack tou can stun them with a deku nut to gain more time to hit him with a jump attack ect.

Yes, but the land in Twilight Princess was so vast. Therefore making it way too hard to navigate without warping or Epona. Even with Epona it took a while.

Nah, it wasnt too large...now AoL's Hyrule, thats huge.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
Deku Nuts are awesome in swordfightes. Stuns the enemy, and is way faster than the hookshot. I use them alot against Stalfos, Lizfalzos etc.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
finnaly the deku nut makes its return, not in a zelda game but in SSBB.

The deku nuts in MM was pretty funny with the deku mask. flying around and throw the deku nuts like bomb below you. it was pretty handy at the start when you went to the swamp.

Caleb

Walkthrough Man
I just always forgot to use Deku Nuts, but they can be very useful, especially if you're trying to complete the game in record time. They work very well against a lot of enemies: Floor Masters, ReDeads, Like Likes, Fire Bubbles, Biri, Bio Deku Babas, Hiploops, Pirates, Boes, Wolfos, the list goes on. Personally, I thought they were a little more helpful, though less in supply, in Majora's Mask.

C

Charlie

I used them on the first dungeon on enemies just for the heck of it. Never used them ever again XD

A

Abyss Master

I've been a fan of the Deku Nuts for a while, I think there's something in small flashes that excite me :P It did take a while before I realized that Sheik and Impa used Deku Nuts in order to disappear and stuff.

In terms of use, I mostly used it in Jabu Jabu's belly and if I would want to spice up battle a little by doing something different for once. I don't really use them, though. Just for fun.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I've been a fan of the Deku Nuts for a while, I think there's something in small flashes that excite me :P It did take a while before I realized that Sheik and Impa used Deku Nuts in order to disappear and stuff.

In terms of use, I mostly used it in Jabu Jabu's belly and if I would want to spice up battle a little by doing something different for once. I don't really use them, though. Just for fun.

yes, it seems i'm not the only one who thinks that the deku nuts are really handy in lord jabu's jabu belly. those annoying stingrays doesn 't stand a chance with the deku nuts.

I tended to forget about the Deku nuts majority of the time, because I had the slingshot to do the job for me. To this day I don't use them that much.
Same here.
Back in the day when I was a little kid playing OoT, whenever I fought a Stalfos, I HAD to have them Deku Nuts.

I hardly use 'em now...

I liked Deku nuts in OoT, though I only really used them for entertainment *remembers "watch, I'm Sheik!" BANG, Deku nut explodes* and I used them a little bit against the Gerudo that you have to fight in the Gerudo fortress. Besides that, they were just another item.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom