• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

DC or Marvel?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
I'm no expert on the comics, but I love watching movies from both and used to enjoy reading about both companies' heroes and villains on Wikipedia. Marvel's held my attention for years with all the cinematic releases of Xmen, Iron Man, Thor, and other characters. Meanwhile I grew up watching Justice League (Unlimited), which mostly balanced my passion for both competing companies equally. Still, I'd have to go with Marvel since they're making the greatest effort to bring the comic book heroes to life, especially now with the upcoming Avengers film.

So, I'm holding hope that DC will also take on a cinematic creation for all of their main supers.

One word for all you DC haters:

Watchmen.

ಫ_ಫ

Last edited:
I have and always will be a fan of Marvel over DC Comics. Marvel superheroes are better designed and many of them are also decent characters overall. There might be a bit of bias involved, though, seeing as I have read a crapload of Marvel comics over DC. My favorite Marvel characters are Spiderman, Blackheart, Ghost Rider, and Doctor Strange...

DC simply has terrible designs for most of its heroes and villains, and many of them look comical as hell in their animated iterations - with the wide, angular shoulders and all. The only DC heroes that I actually like above all else are Green Lantern, Green Arrow, and Batman. There aren't many villains that I like aside from those of the Batman.

Marvel>DC

I'm by no means an avid comic book reader, but I personally prefer Marvels characters and universes. I did grow up with Jim Lee's version of the X-Men and the animated series, so I'm probably biased. I've also generally enjoyed the Marvel feature films more too.

This is honestly an incredibly difficult choice for me. I think I'll give it to Marvel by a smidge, but only because I think their latest stuff has been better than a lot of DC's later works.
I really enjoy several series from both publishers though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom