• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Darksiders II Technical Help

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
The official Darksiders II Technical Help Thread! Please post any issues you are having with the first Darksiders relating to bugs, glitches, unable to progress, etc. Myself or another community member will help out soon!

If you are having a gameplay issue, please start a new thread in this section of the forum with the "Game Help" prefix and we can help you right on there!

Basic information to start with: Platform, current location, story progression, exact nature of the issue. If possible, please avoid spoilers (no story details, just which area/what point in the story/what issue you are having.)

As with any game, there are bugs and glitches that will require you to restart your console or PC. However, Darksiders II has a very robust autosave system, so you will never be set back to far.

ATTN PS3 and STEAM USERS: Before posting any persisting issue, make sure to UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL your Darksiders installation. This will always be the first step, and will fix many a problem.

Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
Darksiders 2 Keeps Freezing.

My Darksiders 2 copy keeps freezing. I am currently in the Shadow's Edge. I turn on the game and try to load my save file. It goes to the part where it says "Here is the journey so far...". It explains what happend to Death with Lilith, and then it freezes right before the game starts. It freezes in that same spot every time. I have 25 hours on this game, i'm almost done, and I REALLY don't want to start it over. Someone please help.

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
My Darksiders 2 copy keeps freezing. I am currently in the Shadow's Edge. I turn on the game and try to load my save file. It goes to the part where it says "Here is the journey so far...". It explains what happend to Death with Lilith, and then it freezes right before the game starts. It freezes in that same spot every time. I have 25 hours on this game, i'm almost done, and I REALLY don't want to start it over. Someone please help.

We need some information, like what platform are you on? At this point in the game's release history, only one patch has been released, for the PC, and that only covers a specific crash when trying to install the game. For now all we can do is general help, general troubleshooting for specific platforms. So again, what are you playing on? PC, 360 or PS3?

Kirino

Tatakae
We need some information, like what platform are you on? At this point in the game's release history, only one patch has been released, for the PC, and that only covers a specific crash when trying to install the game. For now all we can do is general help, general troubleshooting for specific platforms. So again, what are you playing on? PC, 360 or PS3?

Xbox 360.

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
Xbox 360.

Hmm there isn't a whole lot. If you installed the game onto your drive (some older 360 software versions can do this) uninstall and reinstall. If you haven't, see if you can (unlikely, however). After that, if possible either try a second disc on the same xbox, or the same disc, with your game data copied over onto a xbox 360 mobile thumb drive, on another 360 (you will have to download your profile). It is quite possible that you may be stuck, completely. If none of this works or you can't try any of it, start another game file, and hopefully there is a fix soon.

Sorry about that! It seems that Vigil's QA team is a little smaller than their competitors, as DS 1 had many, many issues as well. Fortunately, the multiple save files for a single game could get around any game-breaking issues, where as, unfortunately, in DS 2 you have one file that autosaves often, as you probably know.

Keep us appraised of what you try, and also if anything changes.

Kirino

Tatakae
Hmm there isn't a whole lot. If you installed the game onto your drive (some older 360 software versions can do this) uninstall and reinstall. If you haven't, see if you can (unlikely, however). After that, if possible either try a second disc on the same xbox, or the same disc, with your game data copied over onto a xbox 360 mobile thumb drive, on another 360 (you will have to download your profile). It is quite possible that you may be stuck, completely. If none of this works or you can't try any of it, start another game file, and hopefully there is a fix soon.

Sorry about that! It seems that Vigil's QA team is a little smaller than their competitors, as DS 1 had many, many issues as well. Fortunately, the multiple save files for a single game could get around any game-breaking issues, where as, unfortunately, in DS 2 you have one file that autosaves often, as you probably know.

Keep us appraised of what you try, and also if anything changes.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I tried uninstalling and reinstaling it, and it didn't work. I went to the THQ official website, and apparently i'm not the only one. A THQ employe said that they are looking into it, which is good news. In the meantime , i'll try the rest of your suggestions.

S

Skam225

Stuck guardian. PC

I'm stuck in the foundry on my way to the second heart stone I am in the room were you need to raise three bridges and then bring the guardian to a bunch of crystals to smash them and proceded I raised the bridges but left the guardian standing on one of them so that I could check out a chest that I missed. When I came back the guardian had somehow fallen through the bridge and is now in the water bellow. I can still get on his back but he can't move anywhere. I reinstalled the game but it had no effect. I'd really rather not have to start the game over I'm already level ten and have some pretty cool possessed gear that I'd like to keep around

B

BoostedG35

Darksiders 2 eternal throne XBOX 360

I bought the game 2 days ago. Have played straight through, with no fast jumps, went through serpents peak, watched the cut scene with the dragons pulling the eternal throne, landed on the base of the area. Worked my way to the surface, talked to draven. When i went up and spoke to the guards at the doorway nothing happened. I looked up a walkthrough, and it says the Chancellor is supposed to appear and speak to me. Ive tried turning the game/system on and off, as well as fast jumping in and out of the area. Still nothing. I really don't want to start over from the begining. I dunno if it matters, but the game isn't saved to my hard drive. I run the game disk. Thanks.:S

S

Saadoo

i can't open portal.. i think its a glitch... plzz help me for this i stuck here 03:05 since 2 days...

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
I bought the game 2 days ago. Have played straight through, with no fast jumps, went through serpents peak, watched the cut scene with the dragons pulling the eternal throne, landed on the base of the area. Worked my way to the surface, talked to draven. When i went up and spoke to the guards at the doorway nothing happened. I looked up a walkthrough, and it says the Chancellor is supposed to appear and speak to me. Ive tried turning the game/system on and off, as well as fast jumping in and out of the area. Still nothing. I really don't want to start over from the begining. I dunno if it matters, but the game isn't saved to my hard drive. I run the game disk. Thanks.:S

well try installing it, and if that doesn't work, you might have to start a new game. I wish I had more to say, but there isn't much we can do this early since release. Troubleshooting on the consumer side is very limited on the consoles, because of the lack of multiple save files for the same game.

I'm stuck in the foundry on my way to the second heart stone I am in the room were you need to raise three bridges and then bring the guardian to a bunch of crystals to smash them and proceded I raised the bridges but left the guardian standing on one of them so that I could check out a chest that I missed. When I came back the guardian had somehow fallen through the bridge and is now in the water bellow. I can still get on his back but he can't move anywhere. I reinstalled the game but it had no effect. I'd really rather not have to start the game over I'm already level ten and have some pretty cool possessed gear that I'd like to keep around

Thats a new one. Make sure to post the problem on the official forums and the steam forums, as PC patches are incoming soon. If reinstalling didn't help, there isn't much we can do this early since release.

i can't open portal.. i think its a glitch... plzz help me for this i stuck here 03:05 since 2 days...

If you are sure you have the Phasewalker from Lilith, I am not sure what to tell you. Might have to start a new one.

Last edited:

StarGate55555

Trophy Guide Writer
There is no Planeswalker but rather PHASEWALKER.

When you reach The Black Stone in the Shadow's Edge realm you will talk to the Mad Queen (Lilith). She will replace the Voidwalker with the Phasewalker.

J

Jinxer1988

I've had darksiders 2 now for a week and have about 15 hours into the game and a lot of good stuff(so I think I'd have to get rid of this game if I have to start over because of this). I'm on the main quest where you seek out the three lords for the king of bones just after he gives you the interdiction stone, and I just started the first lord. I got as far as when you first need to use the interdiction stone on one of the black circles on the ground so I hit down on the d-pad(I have the game for Xbox 360) to equip and use it because a friend had said thats what you need the stone for. The stone was not on the bottom section, or anywhere on the d-pad equipment for that matter. I know that it should start with the redemption on bottom right, deathgrip right to the left of that, reaper form to the left of that, then the interdiction stone to the left of that; and then of course an empty space for the next gear you get. The interdiction stone was not there so I hit back button and went to my character to check if I had it period or what, even though I know I was awarded it and have the achievement and everything, and it was a part of my gear. I could not figure any other way to equip it and I do not have any other saves so my one file has already auto saved this glitch or whatever it is and I didn't install the game yet so I don't know if the uninstall reinstall thing or whatever would work. I would really appreciate any help or anything because I really do like this game but this would be a deal breaker for me and it would have to go back. Again I'd appreciate any help.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Jinxer, You cannot use the Interdiction ability on the circular stones until AFTER you've gotten the first Dead Lord. It has other abilities early on, but the circular floor tiles don't come into effect until later.

You are at what we call Chapter 9 in our Walkthrough, Phariseer's Tomb.

Darksiders II Walkthrough: Court of Bones 1: Phariseer - Darksiders Dungeon

You need to just ride over to the Tomb's entrance to begin the dungeon.

You will not use the Interdiction ability until AFTER you have defeated Phariseer within Phariseer's Tomb.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom