• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cut Scenes

The cut scenes make up the story. I love watching the cut scenes, although there are some scenes that I wish I could skip when I play the game again and watch the scene again.

I liked them. The ones at the beginning were a bit frequent for my taste, but that's understandable.

Yeah, mainly at the beginning, but they were so intriguing, I didn't care, I actually preferred it...though I do appreciate that in Hero Mode you can skip...Cause then you caan skip Link going into all the dungeons and such

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
I loved the actual cutscenes- but I didn't like it when they did cut scene in the middle of a boss battle where the boss roars and you can't do anything. I thought those were a waste of time, you should at least be able to move while the boss roars.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh I didn't mind the cutscenes. But some of them were long. What I did mind was no skipping option. I mean when you paly it once yeah everybody likes to figure out what the game is a bout but when you play the game again it is annoying to sit through all the cutscenes again. At least that is how I feel

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I definitely think they were on the longer side, but it didn't bother me at all. I loved how it felt like a movie, and the cutscenes really helped the player connect to certain characters

Well, yes, I suppose in comparison to other Zelda games they were much longer and there were more of them, but they were enjoyable in my opinion, so it was nice. At the beginning of course they were a bit more frequent for setting up the story, but after you settled in, I thought they were nicely spaced, or so it seemed as I was playing the game. I remember seeing the number of total minutes of cut scene time just before I played it, and I thought it was a lot at the time. But then after playing it, I saw that it felt pretty natural, and not overly long, since each scene had purpose. I liked them. :>

Braivety

FPT | Breb
Yes. and although i love cut scenes, i think mainly in the beginning, there was a lot of playing for 30 seconds and then fi would talk to you for 3 mins. It took a while to get into actual game play.

SS does have long cutscenes for a Zelda game, but this is good. The game had a well writtend story to tell and the only way complex characters can be given to the audience is through cutscenes. The thing is SS does not overwhelms with cutscenes. It allows the story to develop but it does not exchange the gameplay for story. The Zelda story is meant to be developed. more recent Zelda's care more for their story and to present settings and characters that leave a lasting impression. You need cutscenes to present a story. And as the Zeldq storytelling evolves, the cutscenes will. But Nintendo still allows the story to be experiences by the player, so it's not like if they force the story and ignore the gameplay. The story improves te experience, and Nintendo knows it. That's why they care to present a better and more in deph story each time and that is the reason the Timeline has been so relevant. Because as much as some people would like to say, Zelda and its storytelling go hand in hand; and it is good. Remember the Ending Spoilers that surfaced? Or the No Spoiler issues? Or the theories that surface about the story? They are common because fans care for the story.

They have managed to balance both very well, gameplay and storytelling and that is something I really enjoy and hope they continue to do.

Yeah, mainly at the beginning, but they were so intriguing, I didn't care, I actually preferred it...though I do appreciate that in Hero Mode you can skip...Cause then you caan skip Link going into all the dungeons and such

You can't skip cutscenes in Normal Mode the first time? I never skipped cutscenes on my first playthrough and neither the second one. In Hero Mode is does tell you how to skip the cutscenes. But I never try to skip them in my firts try.

Naga

MUSICALITY!
I really like cut scenes, especially the longer ones. There are actually some games where I the cut scenes are almost more fun to me, like Subspace Emmissary in the Smash Bros. game. Skyward Sword isn't one of those games, but the only cutscenes I don't like are the ones before boss fights cause if you lose then you have to watch them again. Even though you are given the option to skip thes second time, it's still annoying and I hate how pressing A only makes the text go faster whereas in Twilight Princess if you press A then the text automatically fills the box and you don't have to wait. I'm a fast reader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom