• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cut Scenes

yes there are a lot. Hero mode is unbelievably faster when you can skip all of them. I think they should have allowed for the skipping of unseen cutscenes although I would never skip one in a 1st play through.

When I first played the games I enjoyed the cut scenes but the second time through I wish I could skip them.

No. Felt like average cut scene length for a zelda game. The only really long ones were Fi's introduction and meeting Zelda after going though the time gate, and those were some good cut scenes

MW7

I'm pretty sure this is a massive exaggeration...
Definitely, the real story was that Nintendo claimed for there to be over 100 minutes of cutscenes in Skyward Sword (Twilight Princess had approximately 90 minutes).

As for me personally the cutscenes were way too long and too frequent. This isn't a problem at all though; the problem is that they wouldn't let you skip cutscenes in regular mode and skip ALL cutscenes. So basically IMO something that was practically perfect in Twilight Princess with plenty of cutscenes and letting you skip virtually all of them all the time, was totally screwed up in Skyward Sword and resulted in me wanting to punch a game designer in the face. I didn't even want to watch the cutscenes the first time I played the game let alone the third time. I gained nothing from the first hour of the game except frustration. I knew the basic premise of the story and all of the new gameplay mechanics already so what's the point of forcing it down my throat when they had it set up right in the previous game in the series?

yes, they're very long. that's ok the first time through the game, but it was a bit annoying the second time

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The cutscenes of SS felt like they were a huge drag. I hate watching cutscenes, whether I'm playing the game fresh or not. In TP, we could skip immediately after popping the game disc in the system (both versions). What in the world happened so that Nintendo made ti so you had to view the scenes first?!

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I enjoy the cutscences. I think that because they were substantial, but not taking up the entire game, the story could be told very well.

The cutscenes were pretty good in my opinion. I always like gathering information that is implied or shown or whatever. I like knowing how what they say might be foreshadowing of things to come. I did think some of them were pretty long, but that is what makes them great. They are so full of information and making the characters better.

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
I had to leave the wii on overnight or during the day because the cut scenes took like half an hour. It is hard to plan for them because they come at generally unpredictable times and lengths. I think there should be an option to save right before/durring a cut scene.

OMFG CUTSCENES!!!!!!!!!! i loved them so much i think the best part of the legend of zelda is the plotline and i look forward to it everytime! i literally watch the z.d. walkthroughs just so i can re watch the cutscenes! i think the ones with Ghirahim (best character ever!) and Zelda are really detailed and i also loved learning more about Groose and he turned out to be such a cool character! All in all, i love cutscenes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom