• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could the Yiga be responsible for the fall of Hyrule?

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
It's a little bit late in the game for me to be coming up with botw theories, but this one came to mind whilst I was reviewing the story and, despite a lack of direct evidence, I think it would make a lot of sense. The idea I had was this-
The first time Calamity Ganon appeared, the hero was able to defeat him with the sheikah made guardians and divine beasts. All the sources I've looked at (in game and Creating a Champion) simply say that when he revived a second time he was prepared for that and took control of them with his malice. And we know from other games that malice can be used to control creatures and inanimate objects (think the Koloktos from SS). But if it was as easy as that, why not just do that the first time around?

I've thought up two possible answers for this. The first is that maybe he didn't have enough malice built up the first time. We see Astor in AoC having to go and collect some for ganon himself.

My second idea is that it could be because of the Yiga. The Yiga were originally part of the Sheikah tribe and they helped create the guardians and such before the 10,000 year calamity. But fearing their knowledge, the king of Hyrule at that time chose to banish the sheikah and destroy their research. We know a lot of this vital information was completely lost, such as the sheikah towers needing to be activated in order to power the shrines. But the Yiga split away in direct opposition to the king of Hyrule. They became assassins and servants of Calamity Ganon. It wouldn't be that great a stretch to assume hey would keep their own records on the sheikah technology outside of the kings reach. Is it possible that they were able to give Ganon insider knowledge on the guardians that allowed him to be able to control them as quickly as he did?
Like I said, I don't actually have any in game proof to support this. Maybe you guys can find me some. But I feel like it would make more sense than "Ganon decided 'hey maybe I don't get sealed away this time' umu"

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
No, but that's based on the sheer incompetence of the Yigha we meet in game. They've got cool clothes, but they're just banana crazed gorillas with a dunce for a leader. It's hard for me to look at the Yigha and envision any scenario where they were a serious threat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom