• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Coolest Names Ever

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Yo, what are some of the coolest names you can think of? Do you like Josh, Jason, Peter or Patrick? Or are you more of a Crystal, Hope, Opal or Joy kind of person? Tell me!

My favorite names are mostly old Greek names because they sound so ****in' sick

Icarus
Prometheus
Dionysus
Heracles
Achlys

My name is Greek as well. Cassandra. Hee hee heeeeee~

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I really love Italian names, especially girl variations. Maybe I'm biased because I'm part Italian, but if I had a daughter she would definitely have an Italian name. Some examples:

Gabriella
Alessa
Francesca
Ariana
Alessandra
Siena
Bella

Farore

Goddess of Courage
I like those names where people say "what the hell were those guys thinking?!"
It makes the names memorable, and that much more awesome.

There are a few (maybe a lot) of exceptions.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
For some reason I can't explain it makes me cringe when kids get bizar and very odd names. A kid has to carry that name for the rest of their life. It seems to be a pattern for parents to give kids bizar names. I wonder how long before kids get named School, Math, Gym, Road, Snow? "Come on School and Math, you need to go to school and do your Math homework." Or "Road take your sister Snow and get in the car. We're driving down the road in this snow." *shrugs*

Okay now back to the topic. Cool names?
Castiel for sure
Claudia
Romana
Kenneth
Victor

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
"Test"
is a cool name

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I'm all for unusual names but I do think it's starting to get stupid with people naming their kids ridiculous stuff. It's borderline cruel. For example North, the child of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West. It's name is North West. If they think that their fame will save their child from having the piss taken out of them, they're wrong. I'm sorry. And as Vanessa said, they have to have that name forever. At the same time, I can't stand really boring, common names.

My name is Georgia and do you have an idea how many people are called Georgia and they're all roughly my age because it was popular in the early 90s? Also, everyone thinks they're the first to be like 'lol did u no ders a sng wiv dat nme' or 'lol ders a state in murica called dat' 'lol did u no ders a cntry nxt 2 russia called dat' snore. My siblings all have quite plain names too.

For a boy I love the name Lennon though, because obvs John Lennon. I'm not generally a fan of putting surnames as first names but this is an exception. I went through a stage of liking old fashioned, flamboyant names like Lysander for a while too, after reading A Midsummer Night's Dream. But then I realised how very pretentious that is.

Fyi, Peachy, I used to live with a Greek guy called Achilles.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Like JC, I really love Italian names as well.

I also really like African American names. They're very creative and pull from a variety of sources such as French, Arabic, and Swahili and other African languages. Lots of modern African American names have merged elements from several of these languages. There are a lot of interesting reasons why these names have become popular since the Civil Rights movement, so I encourage you to look it up if you're interested.

Aisha
Aaliyah
Malaika
Tanisha
Jamal
Malik
Kareem
Ashanti
Monique
Chantal
Andre
Antoine
LaKeisha
JaMarcus
Shaniqua
Tayshaun
Deron
DeAndre
Raynell
Deontay
Lashawn
Sheena
Shaquan

and hundreds of others all have neat origins. Personally I like the phonetics of the names.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I've always liked the name Niko. If I had a boy, I'd name him Niko. But I'm not sure about a style of name like what you all seem to be suggesting. I don't like the ridiculous names like North West (poor child), but most names are good names to me. Though I guess I could say Japanese names, or other kind of exotic names with that kind of sound to them, are cool.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
I like the kind of names you usually find during Biblical times. You know names like,

Malachi
Amos
Hosea
Haggai
Micah
Jonah

I like the sound of them, they all sound exotic.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
Yves. Or it's female varient, Yvette. Also:

Amos
Kirby
(Any anglo-saxon name)
Evelyn
(More I can't think of right now.)

I love old fashioned girls names. I have an unusual name that's 1) Irish and 2) part of a famous female duo. (Yes. I know what you're all thinking. I'm totally named Sarah.)

So I like things like Ivy, or Helen, or Rowena. So, gramma names. XD I'm also a big fan of hippy-ish names like Meadow or Raina. I have tons of names for a baby girl assuming I have any daughters.

My boy names are pretty limited. Leon, Gabriel, Raphael, Ash, Link, Hunter, Liam, or Chase. That's about it...so naturally all my kids are going to be boys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom