• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Constructs and the Ancient Robots

In the new TOTK gameplay, there are ranger constructs and soldier constructs: rangers are passive and you can talk to them; soldiers are aggressive and you can kill them. The Ancient Robots from SS had at least 3 different models: 002G Scervo, 003D Dreadfuse and LD-301 (Scrapper and Skipper and the other mining robots). The theory I would posit is that Guardians are a new generation of the Ancient Robots (Stalkers 401, Scouts 402, Turret 403, Skywatcher 404, Sentry 405) and Constructs are a similar model using spirit energy instead of timeshift energy (Rangers 501, Soldiers 502, Golems 503). Do you think they are iterative from Ancient Robots, or do you think they are entirely separate?

Kind of a tangent off the thread topic, but with the robots having ties to the desert... and wondering if there is some tie between them and the Zonai... I got thinking.

Something I have considered to be a possibility with the Gerudo for a long time now, is their name being gear-udo, like... cogs. Their designs are very cog-based, with red and teal linework. It's seen a lot in Ocarina of Time especially. In Ocarina of Time, I liked seeing the cog motif as shorthand for cognition--the thing that Twinrova manipulate through mind control...

But there are two colors; red and teal. The Gerudo are heavily focused on duality; there's the Spirit Temple focusing on the Sun and Moon, and a bossfight focusing on Fire and Ice... Back when the announcement trailer for Tears was teased, a lot of people interpreted the floating runes spiraling out of Ganon's body to be Gerudo script.

So... what if the Zonai are a sister race to the Gerudo? What if they are the teal to the Gerudo's red?

And I will say, the game certainly does have some focus on duality, given the logo. Heaven and earth? Future and past? Sun and moon? Kotake and Koume? Gerudo and Zonai? :suspicious:

This is a jumble of adjacent ideas that I didn't really oganize well, so I hope some sense can be made of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom