• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Console Games Vs. Handheld Games

Which do you like more?

• Console Zelda games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Handheld Zelda games

• It doesn't matter; I like them both because it's still Zelda

• It varies

• Total voters
To me it varies because I like all of the zelda games: especially Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess for the Wii; Ocarina of Time for the n64; and a linked game between oracle of Seasons+Ages for the Gameboy Color (I did not care if I over bent my neck too much back then and regret nothing o_O)

I like them in either platform.
I'm more of a handheld person but the capabilities of a console are stronger so the make for good controls and graphics.
Either way I'm playing a Zelda game :) All is well

This is more of a 2D vs 3D debate for me. If Nintendo kept making games for the 3DS that were like OoT3D (by this i mean a 3D Zelda game) then i'd have no problem playing a handheld Zelda as opposed to a home console Zelda. I still have my N64 and while I was worried that OoT3D would destroy the original magic, it really didn't, and so I know that the 3DS is capable of having many more 3D Zeldas on the 3DS. BUT to Nintendo the handheld market seems to be the home for 2D Zeldas, which is a shame because i feel the 2D Zeldas to be very restricting after so many.

It also seems as if Nintendo are adamant about keeping the WW style for the DS/handhelds too, (which worries me that we'll see an SS sequel or two or at least a fair few more games in the graphical style of such) as opposed to the OoT, TP style graphics. which again is a shame, Nintendo would sell a lot more Zelda copies and consoles if they were to make 3D Zelda games across the board. But we'll see many more 'toon' 2D Zelda games for a while yet, until one of Nintendo's handhelds become so powerful that they're mini ps3s, in which case there will be no need for 2D Zelda.

console games are often beautifuller and bigger in play with more dungeons, but some handheld games lik OoT 3d are big and beautiful too
but there are also some console AND handheld games which i don't like, so it differs

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
I perfer consoles, like Super Nintendo A Link to the Past, but the GBA version was kind of cool. I do have a gameboy player for my Gamecube ( if I can ever get it back) so I can play A Link to the Past GBA on my Gamecube. Handhelds also allow Nintendo to experiment more becaus ethey aren't mainstream Zeldas and don't sell as well. So, yeah. Handhelds benefit, and don't hurt Zelda, or games in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom