• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Computer Hours in a Week

How many hours are you on the computer each week?

• One hour or less.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One to three hours.

• Three to four hours.

• Four to seven hours.

• Seven to ten hours.

• Ten to fifteen hours.

• 15+ hours

• Total voters

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
I couldn't find this thread anywhere, so I decided to make it. I was wondering, how many hours do you guys usually spend on the computer (at home, school or work) every week? Sorry for those who don't like it being a public poll, I was just curious about everyone.

As embarrassing as it sounds for me, I spend 30+ hours on the computer every week. Yes, I do have a life thank you very much. I just multi-task. I watch TV while using my computer, I eat while on my computer (I am careful not to get food on it though) and some other things like homework.

So, what about you guys?

Edit: Forgot to make it a public poll anyway.

Last edited:

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I spend about 45 hours or more at my computer because of work. I then might spend an additional hour on it for my own personal use and also maybe a couple of hours on each weekend day.

I think if I were not to ahve a computer based job, then I would only be on it for less than 10 hours a week. Although maybe it would be a bit more because then I wouldn't find drawing on my computer to be as much of a chore as it is. (It's hard to spend 8+ hours a day at your computer, and then spend another 3 or 4 on it at night for fun!)

I work from home, so there are times I can use it for fun while I take a break (ie - check out ZD!) but really most of my day is work based computer use.

I listen to music while on the computer, and in the evening will change to background noise from the TV. I won't literally watc hthe TV in these hours, I'll just have it for different noise than music. I rarely, if ever, eat at the computer just because I think it's a good idea to get up and go away from it for awhile. I'll also walk two or three times a day (again, to get away from it).

It can be so easy to stay here for more than I should, but I really don't want to get medical problems from over-use. Most people don't sit properly at a computer, so to spend that much time not sitting properly will be bad in the long term. I just have to keep remembering -- feet flat on the ground, back straight, wrists up!

I have a laptop. It has 3GB RAM and 250GB HDD, but it has a horrible chipset graphics card. The only reason I'm not on the computer more than I am now is the fact that it can't handle many games. It can barely play Oblivion on it's lowest quality settings. In all honesty, I think I've gone from 40+ hours a week on the PC to probably 20 or so. The Wii and the DSi are keeping me busy now along with more hours at work.

I'm also joining the Air Force. So with the Gym, the doctor, and all of the paperwork that's going on - that helps me get away as well. I've also been spending a lot more time with friends and stuff.

I've generally been getting online to check Facebook and ZD...

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I spend a lot of hours on my laptop, but like shellshocker I have my laptop on while doing other things like playing gamecube games or eating breakfast. I also have my laptop on while I do schoolwork because I need to use blackboard and I like to listen to WZMR while doing homework. I often check ZD and facebook or just leave my laptop on standby while watching TV :P

C

Camisado

I work in IT Services, so I'm on a computer for an average of 8 hours a day at work, and then I come home and spend time online (long-distance relationship, and of course, forums xD) so...I do spend more than 15 hours at least in two days.

I've been playing more on my N64 recently though, which is good. However I believe I'll have some friends annoyed at me for not being online when they want me. >>

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I am on my computer nearly all day when I don't have something else planned or work. I use it to listen to music, to do homework, and to edit my photos. I spend a lot of time online. I really have no idea how much time I spend on the computer, though. Too much!

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Heh, alike ShellShocker and Smitie, I also use my laptop when i'm playing games and even eating! (Just cookies or something, nothing big like a plate of food:P)

I usually spend most of my time after school on my Laptop, which could vary to 5-7 hours, mostly to visit ZD and various other sites like Youtube.

During this time, if I have any other Homeowrk that needs to be done on the Laptop, i'll spend most of the time working on that, which an take up the majority of my time on it.

I would also use some of the Computers at school for classes, and printing. (My printer is currenlty out of use:() Which would take my total time to 8 hours!

Over a period of a week, considering all this, I would normally spend at least 30- 35 hours a week!
Gah! I spend almost TWO DAYS using my Laptop! Oh Noes!D:

There is too much to do on the internet to do something else.

I'm probably on about 50+ hours a week. At least.

5 hours comes from school, about 4-5 everyday, depends when I work, so that's about 20-25 during the weekdays outside of school, and about 9-10 hours every weekend. So yes. A long time.

Definitely more than 15 hours, depending on conditions of course. But usually, I have nothing to do. Even if I do have something to do, I do it near my computer, which I stay on. The fact that I have no working TV also contributes to a lot of my computer usage, since my Wii and Xbox360 are completely useless to me 90% of the time (from lack of TV). So, I watch movies, do homework, come here, get on messenger, all on my laptop, all the time.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I spend waaay too much time on the computer, which is why I'm trying to cut it out. Unfortunately school work tends to get in the way of that.

But I find now that the computer is getting pretty boring, so I never really do anythign on it anymore. I guess that's good though.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Woohoo. Some more people that spend too much time on the computer. :D I asked this question because at school we had to make polls to collect data and stuff, and the majority of my class spent less than 5 hours on the computer per week. Crazy, right? :P

Sadly, I am a computer addict, If i have nothing better to do I can usually spend aroudn 60+ hours a week on my laptop, usually talking to you guys, watching films or playing the odd game now and then. I do however spend a lot of time listening to music on my laptop each week.

However I'm trying to cut down on how much time I spend on my laptop by walking my dog a lot futher each day, Joining a football club so that I'll have less time to be bored and lazy during some week days and the weekend. I hae been part of a shooting club for the past year which is now taking 6-9 hours a week as well =D.

I'm also realising how important my coursework is and I am putting much more effort into it now (however one subject I just can't do for coursework being the most important subject is English :()

Hopefully I'll be down to around 30-40 hours a week which is a big drop :D.

I am on the computer too much, because of this poll, I am thinking that I need a life... When I get home at 4 I come right to my computer. I do other things while I am on it though. Most times I have to spend 3 hours a day just doing homework on it, so right there after my 5 day school week, I have already spent 15 hours on it, not to mention that I leave it on until 10pm. I am on for about 6 hours a day. I am going to start doing some other things now, so I guess that I am going to go find something else that does not involve the use of a computer.

Zarom

The King
I spend a lot of time on the computer. Approximately more than 25 hours a week. I could be even more on it, if I had not 2 brothers :mad:, 1 sister :devil: and 1 mother (lol, everyone has a mother :xd:) And my father doesn't go on it. :)

Anyway, I do lot of things while on the computer. I do school homeworks, I listen to music all the time. I go on forums, play games, watch videos on youtube, chat, search things on the net, and lots of other stuff. :D

Kazumi

chagy
Well, I easily exceed fifteen hours a week. By far. By my calculations, I spend at least 45+ hours a week on my laptop. And that does not include doing school work or anything. Mostly just surfing around the Interwebz and playing Civilization 4 and things like that.

When I think about it now, I never really imagined that I could waste so many hours a week of my life doing nothing really important on the computer.. Wow. It's kind of sad..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom