• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Come Back when You Are Ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Come Back when You Are Ready? [SOLVED]

So, I'm playing AoL. Admittedly at an unreasonable slow pace, but getting through it nonetheless.
Anyway, I just finished up the third Palace (Island Palace), so I used the raft to get to the next area. I got the fire shooting magic, went to the labyrinth and found the baby.
I went to the Mountain Town Of Darunia to return the baby to the old lady.
Now a problem arises. As I understand it, the person inside the building after I gave the lady her baby back is supposed to make my shield stronger, however when I talk to him he says "Come back when you are ready." When exactly will I be ready? Why won't he give me the magic?
I returned the stupid baby, gib magiks pls.
>.<

Last edited:
Hmm... I honestly don't know the problem here. Do you have every spell up to that point? Including downward and upward thrusts? If I'm correct you can get the upward thrust before going to the fourth palace, so if you don't have that, try getting it first. Then your reflect spell.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Maybe you don't have enough bars in your magic meter, or your magic experience level isn't high enough? I don't really know if there are minimum requirements for those in order to learn later spells, but going by what the old man is saying, it's a definite possibility. What's your magic level and how many bars?

Up to this point you can get 3 of the 4 magic jars which will give you 7 bars in the meter ... 2 are in West Hyrule (Death Mountain & a cave south of the N Palace), 1 is on that island maze you got the child from. And of course if your magic level is low you may need to up it a little bit, though I'd try the magic meter upgrade first since that'll be less of a task.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Hmm... I honestly don't know the problem here. Do you have every spell up to that point? Including downward and upward thrusts? If I'm correct you can get the upward thrust before going to the fourth palace, so if you don't have that, try getting it first. Then your reflect spell.
I'm pretty sure I have all the spells up to now, as well as the downward/upward thrust, but he still won't give me the spell. :(

Never mind, you do need it. I read the walkthrough here and according to it you should have everything you need. That's never happened to me so I'm clueless.
Thanks anyway :)

Maybe you don't have enough bars in your magic meter, or your magic experience level isn't high enough? I don't really know if there are minimum requirements for those in order to learn later spells, but going by what the old man is saying, it's a definite possibility. What's your magic level and how many bars?

Up to this point you can get 3 of the 4 magic jars which will give you 7 bars in the meter ... 2 are in West Hyrule (Death Mountain & a cave south of the N Palace), 1 is on that island maze you got the child from. And of course if your magic level is low you may need to up it a little bit, though I'd try the magic meter upgrade first since that'll be less of a task.
Hm, right now have level 6 attack, level 7 magic, and level 7 life, and I have 5 bars of magic.
I suppose I might not have enough bars since I think I skipped the magic jars from the maze.....
I'll try that and see if it works.

UPDATE: Yeah, apparently I didn't have enough Magic containers.
I went back and got the two containers I missed and he taught me the spell.
Thanks for the help.
:)

Last edited:

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
That's good and you're welcome :D And now that I think about it, I remember that you will need all 8 magic bars in order to get the final spell (which is also a required spell). Just something to keep in mind ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom