• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art CM's Zelda Art Thread

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Day 3-Link: The Hero of Time

day3zad.png

A bit about this piece:

The first of the many Ocarina of Time related fanart!

I felt a lot of nostalgia while drawing this piece. ;w; It's been so long since I've done "official" fanart of OoT.

Ocarina of time was and still is the most influential Zelda game I have played. I really connect on a personal level with Link with this one. Not to mention, it took me YEARS to be able to just sit down and play this game in full. It has given me some wonderful memories and still remains a joy to play over and over again.

I still want a 3DS for this game on the system though. XD;

Lots of technical issues again....;w; I really messed up on young Link here. I'm sorry. I will make up for it later, seeing as I will be drawing Young Link again later this month. And don't get me started on the perspective...>.< Or the stain-glass windows. ;w; lol Yeah....

Anyway, Day 3! 8D I hope you all like it! :3

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Thank you for all the support, Rain! 8D Here's day 4 for you. <3

Day 4 - Epona

day4zad.png

A bit about this piece:

Presenting the single-most AMAZING horse in the history of Hyrule...EVER.

I loved Epona from the moment I set eyes on her in OoT. She was actually the driving force which made me more determined to learn how to play the games years and years ago.

I was 8 at the time OoT came out, so imagine my enthusiasm with having a game where you could actually ride about on a horse! :D It was phenomenal in my eyes and still is. Riding Epona remains to be one of my favourite activities to do of all the Zelda games.

This is my tribute to the franchise's beloved mare. I hope you all love. :3

Last edited:

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
Ah Epona!!
I love how soft and hazy it all looks. Reminds me of a lazy afternoon on LonLon Ranch.

Hmm-- Uhm-- may I ask the question-- Are you comfortable with drawing horses?
I-I'm starting this project over at Zelda Informer where we're going to adapt Twilight Princess into a comic, but I stumbled upon a stupid mistake-- I'm useless at drawing animals.
So I was wondering if you'd be interested or you'd like to lend your talent (if you have the time, of course).
I'll be posting a "Help" thread later but, the drawing of Epona just seemed to catch my interest!

Can't wait for Day 5!! So exciting!

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Rain, Ochibi, thank you for the lovely comments. <3 I really do appreciate them!

Ochi, I responded to your question on your userpage. :3

Day 5 - Din's Fire

day5zad.png

LINK used DIN'S FIRE.

It's SUPER EFFECTIVE! *hurrs*

A bit about this piece:

Displaying that he was a Firebender before it was cool, here's Link demonstrating the awesome power of Din's Fire. :3

Dins fire = Best magic attack in OoT EVER! XD It's so fun to use. I appreciate it because it helped me defeat Dark Link on my very first run. :3

I initially had Link burning up some ReDeads in this picture ('cause firey ReDeads amuse me), but they were cluttering up Link's bada**ery, so I took them out. XD So now you have magical fire of awesome and Link being a BAMF for this one. :3

Last edited:

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
Aw snap. I can really sense the power in that piece! Warms me right up on this gloomy day :U
Also love the pose; so dynamic.

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Day 6 - Malon

day6zad.png

Alryighty...not the best one I've done so far, but please bear with me...;w;

A bit about this piece:

Adult Malon from OoT (or Cremia from Majora's Mask if you are more familiar with her from there).

Malon is my favorite female character in OoT. Not only is she sweet and musical, she was the one who raised the most epic horse in the world! 8D

I also tend to pair up Link with Malon in OoT, because I think the two would be cute together...^^

Come to think of it...most females I pair with Link either have red hair or names starting with the letter "M" (Marin, Din, Malon, Minda, Meldi...).

Nintendo...I see what you did there.

Ochibi

An enthusiastic nobody.
Beautiful-- Absolutely beautiful.

And dem red-heads. Nintendo know's what they're doing, and they got good tastes.

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
Sorry for not posting a response yesterday. I was in a situation where I kinda had to post and run.

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and support so far. :3 It means so much to me. I'm glad you are enjoying these.

And dem red-heads. Nintendo know's what they're doing, and they got good tastes.

And how! <3

Now, onto day 7!

----

Day 7 - Shiek

day7zad.png

And then, there was a cry of gender confusion across the land...none of the likes the world has ever seen before! XD

A bit about this piece:

You gotta love the androgyny of Shiek and the confusion it brings. It's one of the many traits of this ninja-like character that makes him/her so loveable. XD

I don't think I've ever drawn Shiek before now and I gotta say...Sheik is super fun to draw! <3

Decided to place him/her in the Kakariko Village graveyard for this one. :3 It seemed fitting.

Hope you all enjoy this one!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom