• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Card or Cash?

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Personally I used to always pay in cash when I was younger, but now I always use my card, even for something as simple as a coke.
So what about you? do you tend to whip out your shiny bank card or those huge stacks of cash to pay?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Depends on the place. I'll use my card when out for a big shop, in town and stuff, but I wouldn't pay by card for, like, a bag of chips or just 1 or 2 drinks. That's when I'll use cash. :P I always make sure I've got some cash in my purse.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
A lot of the time I just use my card to get money from the bank, when I'm out and then simply pay with the cash.

I do pay with my card, but I just find it more troublesome, I'll only do it for large purchases.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I pay with cards almost all the time. I like being able to track my spending that way, and I like the rewards. Cash has a way of just disappearing without any accountability. I do try to always have cash for vendors that don't take cards, though.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I only use a card when buying things online, besides that it's cash only. I just find it a lot less stressful in the long run.

I pay with cards almost all the time. I like being able to track my spending that way, and I like the rewards. Cash has a way of just disappearing without any accountability. I do try to always have cash for vendors that don't take cards, though.

Totes!

I do think twice before pulling out my card... we never used cash till hubby started receiving tips. But I find we have a lot less accountability with the cash unless we are diligent in taking it to the bank!

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I find it easier to keep track of money when I use my card. I think because cash is right there but card money is all theoretical, especially when you have an overdraft. However, I usually use my card. I never have cash- any cash I do have usually goes on travel fares and stuff. I usually intend to have cash but the most I ever buy with cash is like a bottle of water or some chewing gum. Counting money out when your maths skills are as bad as mine? Ain't nobody got time for that.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
If it's something little and I have cash, then I'll pay cash. If I don't have cash or it's a larger amount, I use my card. I try to have some cash, cause it's good to have in case of emergency (my credit card was tapped a few months back, and if it wasn't for the cash I had in my wallet, I would not have been able to buy groceries that time), also sometimes cards might not be an option, so back-up cash is good for that as well.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I don't own any cards myself, so I always use cash as a substitute. My mom on the other hand, she likes to use cards nearly 100% of the time; whereas, my dad prefers to use cash nearly 100% of the time. It's not that I lean towards my dad's habits over my mom's, but because cash is all that I have in terms of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom